Secrets

28

-541 WORDS-

STEVES POV:

"Y/N? I heard you call my name, are you okay?" I yelled from upstairs, not caring that its currently 11 o' clock at night. I care about my sister more, Chrissy shouldnt mind. Her parents aren't home anyway.

As I made my way downstairs, I see Y/N standing in the middle of the kitchen completely still. Confused, I walked up to her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Hey, Y/N? What are you doing?"

I stepped in front of her, seeing her eyes nothing but a shade of white. Shit, I mentally cursed to myself as I bolted it up the stairs. This is the second time its happened, or so I believe. Lots of shit has been happening with Y/N and Max, I've lost count. It pains me to see their trauma coming to haunt them, especially in one of the worst ways possible. Max with Billy.
Y/N with Amy. It almost hurts me more.

I know of Y/Ns struggles. Typically, she never asks for help. She thinks she can bottle it up and she'll be fine. It takes lots of convincing from me to get her to spill.

I pushed open Chrissys bedroom door and scanned the room for any sign of a walkman. When I don't find one, I groan in frustration, running downstairs, almost tripping due to how panicked and fast my footsteps were.

I rushed into the living room looking for that same walkman. I swore to myself that I'd keep Y/N safe. Now it seems Ive broken that promise.

When I hear a loud thud echo the building, my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach, dreading to see if Y/N is still alive, or broken to pieces on the floor. I pushed that to the back of my mind and made my way back to the kitchen. When I see Y/N in perfect shape on the floor, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Y/N began sobbing and I rushed to her side, holding her as tight as possible."Shh, its okay, you're safe now." I assured. Her frantic breathing becoming uneven. "Breathe. Breathe with me, okay?"

"Whats going on?" Chrissy asked, as she walked down the stairs. Her eyes widened as she saw me and Y/N holding onto each other for dear life. "Holy, what happened?" Chrissy knelt down beside us, cupping Y/Ns cheek. I hesitated to answer her question.

"I'll explain later, okay?" Chrissy nodded her head and went to get a cup of water, my guess for Y/N. I gently picked her up onto her feet and walked her over to the couch in the living room. She sat down and wiped the tears from her face.

"Care to explain whats going on?" Chrissy asked, giving Y/N the cup of water. I looked at Y/N, who just gave me a small nod, and let out a sigh.

"You might wanna sit down for this."

author note

forgive me for such a short chapter, i just had to get something in. ❤️❤️❤️

ps: this is the last chapter but in steves pov :)
if it wasnt already obvious

title: Secrets by The Runaways