Shopping Spree

33

-1169 WORDS-

THURSDAY MORNING

Once we finished discussing the plan to defeat Vecna, everyone went home, everyone other than Eddie. He told me he wants to be by my side the whole time. Hes been with me for the rest of the week. He doesn't support my decision of being the distraction. Although, I dont care what anyone thinks. Vecna wants me, and I'll give him what he wants.

A part of me is scared, scared that something will go wrong, or that our plan will fail. I'm mainly worried that what Vecna showed me, will come true. Maybe thats what he wants. He wants me to worry, thats why he showed me those things. Maybe those things, aren't even true, its just to distract me from the world and make me worried, stressed, scared. Anything that makes me weaker. I can't help but fear that what he showed me was real. Its all a matter of time before I find out.

As I began to wake up, I reached my hand out to feel the bed next to me, checking if Eddie is still next to me. We decided to take Chrissys parents room, since they still haven't showed up. They should be here in a few days. Which makes me worry about what we're going to do with the whole Vecna and Upsidedown situation going on. Although when I checked, I felt no one there. The spot beside me is cold. I turned over to my side and opened my eyes, no ones there. I sit up and crack my back before standing up and opening the door.

I looked down the hallway, checking if anyones there. I could hear talking coming from downstairs, so I began walking down the stairs. I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed some poptarts from the pantry, not bothering to toast them. I opened the package and began eating one of the poptarts as I made my way into the living room.

Chrissy, Eddie, and Steve sit on the couch talking about something. "Good morning," Chrissy greeted me softly.

"Good morning," I mumbled as I sat down on the coffee table in front of them. Eddie and Steve staring at me with concerned looks as I tilted my head in confusion, "what?"

"Nothing, sorry." Eddie shook his head and stopped looking at me. This only made me more confused as Steve continued to look at me.

"Okay? So, are we going to school or what?"

Eddie turned and looked at Steve, waiting for answer. Steve just strugged and said,  "we might not, actually."

"Oh?"

"We need to buy weapons, gear, all that stuff."

"We're going to this place, it has everything we need to kill Vecna." Eddie added. "Then we'll begin the plan starting tomorrow."

I let out a shaky sigh and stood up from the coffee table, going over to the kitchen and throwing away the rest of my poptart. I grabbed a cup from the cabinet and poured a glass of orange juice. "Hey," Chrissy whispered in my ear, making me jump, almost spilling my glass.

"Shit, you scared me." I put my hand on my chest, feeling my heartbeat quicken. Chrissy quickly apologized and put both her hands on my shoulder, forcing me to look straight at her.

"Jasons having a party, over at lovers lake. Tonight."

"Okay?" I said confused, furrowing my eyebrows. "Why are you telling me this, I don't give a shit about Jason."

"He'll kill me if I don't go. I don't want to go alone."

"No. Wait, why is he even having a party anyway? Thats some random shit."

"Its his birthday, Y/N." She said in a serious tone, frowning a bit at my response. My hand slapped over my mouth and my eyes widened, I completely forgot about his birthday.

"Oh fuck me, I forgot." I chuckled out. "Still not going."

"Come on! Jason won't bother you. He'll bother me if I don't go. I don't feel
comfortable going by myself."

I looked around the room, seeing Steve and Eddie sitting on the couch together watching some TV show. I sighed as I slowly nodded my head,"sure, I guess."

"Thank you! I love you so much, seriously. Make sure you get him a gift." She wrapped me in a tight hug, I couldn't help but hug back before she pulled away, she kissed me on the cheek as she walked away, her ponytail swaying as she walked.

"Hell no. I'm not giving that bitch a gift." I said, following behind her. Chrissy scoffed and shook her head, making me laugh.

***

"Hey," Eddie yelled from the other side of the bedroom door, knocking softly."Are you ready? We're leaving soon."

"Uh, yeah, just give me a minute." I yelled back, brushing my hair and fixing my outfit a bit. I opened the door and ran down the stairs.

"Finally, why do girls take so long to get ready?" Steve shook his head.

"Shut the fuck up, you should not be talking right now." I snapped, slapping the back of his head gaining a small "ouch" in response."Okay, lets go, 'princess'."

"Don't call me that."

"'Don't call me that.'" I mocked. Steve groaned as he opened the front door and walked over to the front seat of his car. All of us squeezed inside of the car and we begun our hopeless journey to the weapon shop.

***

"Alright, lets just get this over with. Get guns, bullets, knifes, whatever. As long as its durable and good enough to use." Steve ushered us out of the car and we made our way into the store that Eddie suggested called 'Warzone.' A place just outside of Hawkins.

We made our way to the front of the store and walked inside, greeted with a shit load of weapons which are probably not legal. We all went our separate ways. Eddie and Chrissy, Steve and Robin(which we picked her up on the way), and me by myself. I went over looking at the guns and seeing what would be good enough for killing that son of a bitch.

I also had the favor of getting Nancy a gun, since she wasn't able to be here today, for whatever reason. I'm not the best when it comes to guns, but Im sure this one will do the trick. Cut off the front and It'll be good to go. I went over to the check out to buy the two guns when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to see who tapped my shoulder and instantly my stomach hurt. You've got to be shitting me. I thought to myself.

"Whats a pretty girl like you doing here at such a place?"

author note

i spent a long time trying to write this so i hope you like it

please comment on anything that doesnt make sense so i can go back and fix it

thank you my lovelies <333