Chapter - 19 : Humiliation

Long chapter ahead. As per reader's request.

***************************************

Alakananda's pov:

Keerthi took me to the bedroom and after going out she said something. I didn't hear what she said. My mind was covered by many thoughts and his parents. How can he lie so easily. Doesn't he feel anything while lying to his parents. He is not lying.. he is fooling them.

He is a Devil, idiot, Mental, buffalo, pig, everything... I scolding him with my known curse words in my mind.

An orange color sunlight illuminated the whole room. It's giving different shade to this white room. I don't know who's room is this may be a guest room I thought. I sat in the soft couch looking out the balcony. It was already evening, I don't know what my family was thinking about me. Obviously they think me as a cheap, my mind replied. Why they didn't trust me? I am their daughter, do they think I would do this for my own happiness? Can't they think I would have had some purpose to do this? Is that the level of trust they have on me?

All my insecurities started coming out again. I am pacifying it but one question is popping out again and again Why? Why they didn't believe me? A lone tear escaped from my eyes. My eyes are drained but still few a drops. I chuckled at myself.. I was too drained.. why I am still there? Why? A sudden realization hit me. Why, I am still living? For whom? Now I am alone. No one is there for me..then why? Why didn't I think this before? Everything started because of me, it may end with me as well. Why didn't I get this thought before? Atleast my parents would be happy and he can't do anything and ......

Someone cleared the throat, I looked at the source. Keerthi smiled at me and placed the tray infront of me. "Sorry, I don't know what you like so I brought apple, biscuit and juice. You can have anything you like." she said nicely.

"Thank you!!" I said to her forcing a smile but I am not able to do it.

"Don't mention it." She said and sat beside me. She looked at me and everywhere and took an apple from the tray and started cutting into slices. I watching her actions.
"May me she is hungry !!" but she passed the slice to me.

"You look exhausted. Have this."

"Thanks but sorry. I don't want anything." I replied to her softly. I don't want to be rude to her because of his actions. He may likes to hurt everyone but I am not.

"Hmm.. ok.. let me introduce myself.. I am Keerthana.. closed ones call me Keerthi and my bff call me keer. I am your husband's only innocent sister. I am good girl unlike him. So don't see me as an evil sister in law and I too would not do that. Can we be friends?" She asked me extending her hands for shake. I already liked..no.. love her.. she is so cute.. his mother and sister both are cute but how come the devil in this family.

Before I shake her hands, we heard door opening sound. We both looked at the same time. He and his parents are on the door side.

"Keerthi, what are you doing here?" His mom asked her angrily.

"Mom, I came to give snacks to her."

"Go to your room." His mom shouted her. Is she angry on me? Definitely he would done something.

Keerthi nodded and went outside. His parents are looking at me like analyzing..or cheap or something but those are not good one..... I hung my head down.

"What's your name?" I heard hard voice. His dad.

"Aa.. Alakananda..." I replied

"Full name..???"

"Alakananda Kumar."

"How long you know him?" Again his dad.

What to say now? I saw him only couple of times.