Chapter - 35 : Husband??

Alakananda pov:

"Alakananda, you have to be prepared for everything. Because she will taunt you for sure. So, if she offends you anyway, be silent and don't react to that." Aunty said and I nodded silently. Looks like his grandmother is very strict. Let's see what happens.

The next morning, I was getting ready for my office and aunty came to the room, asking me to come early as his grandma is coming this evening. I nodded at her.

After the incident, aunty changed totally. Earlier, whenever she sees me I can sense her anger or dislike but now it's changed. She's talking with me nicely, I am feeling her care. Sometimes she feels guilty for her act and asks sorry  many times.

I was not angry with her, because from the start she didn't like me as her daughter-in-law and personally she didn't know me as well. So, she hated me but once she knew her fault she apologized to me sincerely unlike her son who is showing authority and his ego in everything. I don't know she accepted me as her daughter-in-law but she accepted me as a person that's more than enough for me.

I saw Rakesh anna sitting with him in the living room, I greeted him. Uncle and aunty were also there and I greeted them also. After a few minutes they left for their room.

"How's your life going Alakananda?" Anna asked.

"Yes anna. It's good." I replied to him giving a small smile. He's looking at me like you're talking with everyone but not me. I ignored his looks. When I was about to leave, anna stopped me.

"Alakananda, here, this is my first gift for you." Rakesh anna said, giving a bag. I refused it but he forced me to accept. So, I accepted it and opened the cover, it's a new phone.

"Anna, please I can't accept this. Seriously, I already have a phone." I said to him.

"Yeah. The phone which had a million scratches? You call me anna but reluctant to accept the gift? This is my first gift for you, are you gonna reject it.... Yesterday when I called you, sanjana said about your broken mobile. And how difficult is to talk. She literally scolded me to disconnect the call as the display was scratching her face. I don't know about others who's enjoying your misery but I can't. So, you have to accept it." Anna said.

I tried to say many things to him to give back the phone but he's adamant. Without any option I accepted it, I don't want to disappoint him, my new bond, brother. I want to have a elder brother in my life but unfortunately I didn't have. Vimal, my cousin brother, he too cares for me but the feeling of having an elder brother is different, like me many girls have that feeling.

"Thank you anna.." I replied to him smiling. I opened my bag and gave him a dairy milk chocolate.

"This is my gift for you.. I know it's not as big as yours but please accept it." I said to him. He smiled brightly and took the chocolate from me.

"It's so precious to me... Thanks" Rakesh anna said. He's not faking,  his feelings are so genuine.

Suddenly he got up from the seat and held my hands, dragged towards the room.
"Vikram..." Rakesh anna called him angrily. I was struggling to get my hand from his hold but he held my hands more tightly.

"You can leave Rakesh, if you don't have other work.. I have to handle something important and that's not your concern." He replied to anna arrogantly and dragged me to his room.

He released my hand and locked the door. I turned my face and didn't like to look him. He took my both hands and twisted behind my back pulling me towards him. My eyes are widening.

"You didn't accept the phone I gave but you accepted it from him. Why?" He asked me in his slow yet anger voice. His hot breath fell on my face and my whole body passed an electric shock hearing him. I didn't open my mouth, more precise I am not able to.