Chapter - 49 : Prashika !!

A very Happy New Year to all my lovely readers!! 🥳🥳🎉🎉💫💫
********************************

Alakananda's pov:

I came out of the room and left to terrace. After few minutes, I went to the kitchen, helped aunty with cooking. While having lunch also, no one spoke anything.

After lunch, I went to Keerthi's room and helped Keerthi to get ready for the party.
Around evening, everyone got ready to go to the party. Aunty came to me and asked "Do you want to come with us Alakananda?"

"No aunty. I am good. You guys enjoy." I said smiling to them. They felt sorry for me. They all left. I didn't see him. Maybe he left already.

I went to the living room and sat on the couch and started switching channels but my mind is not present here, I started thinking about him and me. My thoughts were interrupted by my mobile ringtone. It was prashika. I disconnected it. With my current state of mind, I can't handle her.

Again she called me, this time I picked the call..

"Hi nandu.." she said.

"Prashika, please don't ever call me." I said and disconnected the call. But she called me again and again. I disconnected it. My patience was slowly running out. Before I could shout at her, I switched off my mobile. I didn't have mood to cook for me alone. So, I just let it go and was watching a kdrama. Soon, sleep took over me. I slept in the couch itself.

While I was sleeping, I heard someone calling my name. But I didn't like to open my eyes. I continued my sleep closing my ears. After a few minutes, I felt some warm thing beside me, I snuggled into that more and slept.

The next day, when I woke up, I was in his room and in his bed.

"How did I end up here?" I asked to myself. Maybe he took me to the room. No.. he won't do that. Nandu, you slept in the living room itself, maybe aunty would have forced him to take me to the room. Yeah.. this would have happened. Without wasting time, I got ready and started to my office before he comes back from jogging.

In the living room, aunty asked me why didn't I had my dinner yesterday and scolded me for that. I listened to her silently with my puppy eyes. And aunty continued,

"Don't do that hereafter. And why was your mobile phone switched off yesterday? We were worried so much." Aunty said. Then only I remembered about my phone.

"Sorry aunty." I said and started to my office.
While walking to the bus stop, I switched on the mobile. For a minute, it was bombared with several notifications.

After boarding a bus, I started looking at the calls and messages. My eyes widened seeing the number of calls. This is the first time in my life I have ever received this much of calls. Nearly 90 calls and messages from Prashika, 20 calls and messages from him, 10 calls from Keerthi.

I started looking the messages. From him, "pick the call.", "Enough of your avoiding.", "Are you safe?". Unknowingly, I smiled looking at his last message. From Keerthi, "pick the call?", "Are you there?". From Prashika, "pick the call"," I want to meet you, talk...etc.." "I miss you.." what?? Missing me.. I locked the phone. After few minutes, I got a message, that's from Keerthi.

"Anni, Be careful with Prashika. Yesterday when you didn't pick the call, she called me and asked about you. I had told her that I was out but she insisted to talk with you. So, I thrashed her and disconnected the call. I am sure, she will meet you today. Be safe... And don't ever switch off your phone again..." She messaged with an angry emoji.. yes.. I have to be careful with her.