Chapter - 48 : It's Pity !

Alakananda's pov:

"What was that?" Uncle questioned to him. I am sensing his stares on me.

"Not now dad. I will talk to you later. I need to talk with her now." He said to uncle and held my hands to take me to the room.

"Vikram, first clear us. Then you can talk with her." This time aunty talked. He left my hands.

"What you need to know mom?"

"Why you haven't told anyone about your marriage yet?" Uncle asked.

"Dad, I already told you it's for business purposes." He said.

"Business? For how long are you going to say the same thing?" Uncle asked.

"Dad, I need some time. Then I will announce my marriage to the world."

"How long ? You can't hide her like that. She's not some random girl. She's your wife. Didn't you see, that man asked you to marry his daughter in front of your wife. Did you think how she would have felt? And you introduced as her a some random girl. I really didn't expect this from you Vikram. " Aunty said.

"Mom, I am not hiding her. I need  sometime." He argued with them.

"Ok.. I will give two more days time for you. After that, we're going to meet alakananda's family and going to settle this matter. She also started missing her family and she can't live her rest of the life like this missing them. I can't hide my daughter-in-law like you. After talking with her family, I am gonna arrange a reception and make sure you attend that." Uncle said shocking me. I looked at him. He was also shocked beyond me and glaring at uncle who's replicating the same.

He took my hands and dragged me to the room. Once we reached the room, he left my hands and sat on the bed holding his head.
I was standing like a statue. After a few minutes, he looked at me and came near me. He held both my hands softly and started speaking.

"Alakananda, I can understand how you would have felt when I not introduced you as my wife. Believe me, I would love to introduce you as my wife to the whole world but this is not the correct time. Please don't misunderstand me..." He said softly.

"I didn't misunderstand you. Now, my all doubts and confusions are cleared. You don't need to say those things." I said smiling and he looked at me bewildered.

"I know you don't like me and I too know that you will break this relationship in a few months. That's why you asked some time with uncle and aunty. I can handle them and they won't meet my parents." I said.
He tightened his holds on my hand.

"Alakananda, what the hell are you saying?" He asked me angrily.

"I am speaking the truth."

"No. Listen, you misunderstood me. If he got to know I am married then.."

"No. No need to reason that. I didn't misunderstood you. I am clear now.. very much.." I said to him.

"No.. you're not... I don't know what sh*t you have been saying it as clear. The one I am going to say now is the truth, I want you in my life. I want to spend my whole life with you. I don't know when I started to have feelings for you. But it happened. I too know that, you too have feelings for me. May be you are not aware of that. I married you forcefully, threatened, intimated, scared you, did a lot of things which I shouldn't have done. But believe me, I regret for all the things I did to you. But I am happy that I married you. I don't want to lose you. Alakananda, I like you... I like you a lot...maybe..more than that... I lo.."

"Love??" I interrupted him.

"No.. you're not... To speak the truth, you didn't like me at all." I said to him. He started getting furious.

"Alakananda, how dare you can say that I didn't like you at all?" He asked me furiously. This time I didn't get feared of his anger because I need to make him understand that he didn't like me at all.

"Because you're not. Your deciving yourself." I said. He left my hands and closed his eyes and fisted his palms tightly.

"Ok.. then what I am feeling for you?" He asked me.

"You're pitying me.. you deciving the pity as love or like." I said to him.

"Alakananda.. stop the hell you're saying. I am not pitying you. Why would I do that?" he roared at me.

"From the starting, you didn't like me even a bit. But Keerthi's incident changed everything. You behaved very differently to me. After you got to know the truth, it affected you. You were sorry to me and felt guilty of your acts. That guilt turned to pity. And whatever you're claiming as love or like, those are pity and guilt. If suppose, I accept your love now and we start our husband and wife relationship, it won't last for long, unless it has love. In future when you realise that it is not love, That time, both our lives will be spoiled. Even if I vanish at this moment from your life, it won't affect you. Maybe you will get my thoughts initially but after that you will forget about me totally. And you will start your new life. My presence doesn't affect anyone. I am just a unwanted thing in this world. No one needs me. Please, Don't decive yourself more..." I said to him. Without my knowledge a tear slipped from my eyes. He looked at me shocked. His eyes replicated the pain.

"Alakananda..."

"Don't say anything now.. think... Think about everything.. you will know. You will understand, what I said is true. Don't spoil your life." I said to him softly. He sat on the bed and closed his eyes.

"And one more thing, I am ready to forgive you whatever you did to me if that helps you to get rid off your guilt, pity and me...",
I said and went out of the room leaving him alone to think. If he thinks in a correct way, he will understand.

***************************************

Share your thoughts💭💭

Please let me know what you are thinking about this chapter.

Your votes and comments are my boost. Please do share your feedbacks about how the story is progressing!!! ❤️

See you all soon with next chapter,
Suhi 🦋