Chapter - 21 : Never-Ending Threats

Alakananda pov:

The next morning when I woke up I saw Keerthi sitting beside me.

"Good morning!!" she smiled widely.

"Good morning." I smiled a bit.

"Were you here all night... I mean ..you stayed by my side full night. Did you sleep?" I asked her.

"I wish. I stayed beside you but your husband didn't allow me. He stayed beside you all night" she said with a smile.

He stayed beside me throughout the night. Wow... What wow nandu?? Idiot. He waited for you to wake up and would be given punishments and threatening may be more than that also.

I roam my eyes to the entire room but he is not there.

"Your husband is not here. He went for a jog long ago. It's about time he will come in a few minutes. Don't worry." she said teasing me.

"No.. that. I am looking for my mobile. Looks like I missed it somewhere." I tried to change the topic. She smiled and passed her mobile. I tried to take that but my both hands are paining hell. She asked for the phone number to dial. I told her my number.

"It's ringing but no one picks it," she said maybe I missed it somewhere? "Can you dial another number please?" She nodded and dialed the number. It's Vimal's number. I am not strong to call my mom or sister or mama. Keerthi placed her mobile on my lap in speaker mode. Vimal picked up the call.

"Hello.."

"Hello, Vimal..."

"Hey...na...Naresh." ahh?? Naresh?? Is he gone mad?

"Naresh how are you da? Where are you now?" Keerthi looked at me. And mouthed at me "do you know him?" I nodded at her.

"Wait da. I can't hear you properly. I think the signal is weak.. one sec. Shruthi.... I will come in a few minutes." Vimal said.

"Hope it is not Alakananda.." I heard her voice. They are still angry with me. Do you think they will be happy and accept you my mind mocked at me. Few minutes line was very silent.

"Nandu, are you mad? What the hell you did? Marriage? Seriously? I can't believe that you did this...." he started scolding me. Mobile is still in speaker. I looked at Keerthi.

"I have some work. I will come later." Said she went out. Vimal keeps scolding me without any break.

"Vimal listen, stop your scolding for a min. How is dad? Where is he? They started the surgery?" I asked him.

"Why do you need to know about dad?" he asked angrily.

"Please Vimal. Tell me. How is he? Please.." while asking him, I heard a door opening sound, there he is. BEAST no DEVIL!! He looked at me with his blank face. Later his face changed into a question mark hearing Vimal's voice.

"Why you are pleasing me? If you worried for them, then you wouldn't do that. I didn't get when did you have a boyfriend. As far as I know, you won't talk much with boys except a few. Then how come you married suddenly? Did you act all the time? As a fool, we all believed that and thought you were innocent.".

I was silent for a min. He too didn't say anything. Devil is also silent. After a few mins of silence, Vimal talked.

"Yesterday night dad's surgery happened. By god's grace, he is doing well. Now he's under observation. And he is getting good treatment by doctors and the unknown person is sponsoring his treatment and doctors are taking care of him as a VIP patient." It lifted the heavyweight from me. Finally, his surgery was done. "Thank you, God, you are always there" I thanked God and looked at the person. He too looked at me angrily.