Chapter 39.

"Olivia Wills will be starting on pole for tomorrow's race!" She didn't believe it. She had a shit practice, all three sessions, then managed to get to the top and get on pole for tomorrow, it felt good. "Hello Olivia" "hello Will" "how do you feel right now?" "Amazing actually, we have had 3 terrible sessions but to then get pole, it's a good feeling" "also it was your birthday last week, so happy belated birthday..." "Thank you" "how did you celebrate it?" "Well I had to go to the factory and the whole team sung for me, then my boyfriend surprised me when I got home and we just celebrated from there" "I saw on Instagram a pool party, how many people were invited?" "Who knows to be honest, Lando planned it all and surprised me so I'm not sure, but we had a lot of fun" "aww well good luck tomorrow!" "Thank you" she smiled and walked off.

"Hello short ass" someone said putting their arm around Olivia's shoulder as she was walking "hi Daisy" "great drive out there" "thanks, how was your date the other night?" Charles and Daisy went on their second date the other night and Olivia wanted to hear about it. "I got to know him a lot more, we took a walk round in Monte Carlo, then he walked me back to my apartment and kissed me" "awww I'm so happy for you!" Olivia said "he even stayed the night..." "OH MY GODDDDDDDDD" Daisy went red "well I have to go but tell me more details laterrrr" Olivia said before walking off after letting go of Daisy.

Qualifying done, next was the race, Olivia was starting on pole with Lewis Hamilton, her rival from last year. She wasn't nervous, she was feeling more competitive than before. Once those 5 lights were out, she went fast on the accelerator. She was defending hard, not letting anyone get past. After 25 laps, she was called in for a pit stop, which caused her to lose her position. The pit stop was quick and she was immediately back out on track in P3, Max behind her. She also had Valtteri in front of her and Lewis leading, the silver arrows. She got past Bottas quite easily, but Lewis was hard to get past.

It soon got to the final lap, so she stopped racing him as much. She got to the last corner and tried to make a move but it didn't work. "LEWIS HAMILTON WINS THE CANADIAN GRAND PRIX, OLIVIA FINISHES SECOND AND MAX VERSTAPPEN FINISHING THIRD BEHIND HER!" Yelled Crofty, cheers were heard from the crowd and Olivia was happy, but not happy enough with her result. She wanted that win but it was a tough race today.

"Great race out there today" Lewis said shaking Olivia's hand as she walked into the cool down room. "A tough one, you were so hard to overtake" Olivia said and Lewis chuckled "all I could see was you both attacking each other, there was no way of me getting past" Max said and Olivia took a sip of her water "it was good racing you again" Olivia said laughing "you too" Lewis laughed and they all sat down to watch the highlights that were being shown on the big screen.

Olivia climbed the stairs once her name was called, everyone cheering as she had a smile on her face. Champagne was being thrown, pictures were being taken and then they walked off after accepting their trophies. Olivia immediately went to find Lando. She saw him almost immediately and ran up to him. "P2!!" He said "hey you did well too" she said hugging him "not as well as you, you're the one on the podium" "Lando, shut up" she kissed him, he held her waist and paparazzi caught them but they didn't care anymore.

That afternoon, they all decided to go out for lunch (Olivia, Lando, Alex, George, Daisy, Charles and Sam) (yes Sam is back), they hadn't done it in a while and Daisy found a really nice restaurant by the track.

"I'm so tired" Olivia said putting her head on Lando's shoulder "me too" he chuckled putting his head on top of hers. They were in a taxi on the way to lunch, the drivers were tired from the race and Daisy, Sam and Alex booked the taxis because of that. "And we are here!" Daisy said, she was really excited, she had been dying to try this restaurant ever since she first saw it.

"Sam talking with food in your mouth" Daisy slapped his arm and he groaned in pain "what was that for?!" He asked rubbing his arm "you heard me, now stop since it's making me sick" she said and went back to listen to the conversation that was happening. "Didn't you end up in a wall George?" Alex asked him "yes but we don't talk about it, it was bloody awful" he replied taking a sip of his drink "go on George, I know your dying to blame Nicholas" Daisy said looking at him "fine, yes I blame him! Crikey I don't know how he has a seat still" he said and everyone laughed "dont worry, you only have this season left with him, you'll be fine" Alex said and everyone went silent. "What do you mean?" Charles asked "um...I'm going to Mercedes next year" George smiled awkwardly and everyone started congratulating him. "How come you didn't tell us?" Lando asked and everyone went silent to find out why "only just signed the contract, like a month ago, plus Alex only knows because..." He pointed at Alex signalling that he should continue "I'm going to Williams next season" "holy shit you're racing again!" Olivia got up and slapped him on the head before hugging him "surprise" they both did jazz hands "finally, this season is boring without you" Sam said and the rest of the drivers acted offended "stop. Talking. With. Food. In. Your mouth!" Daisy said hitting him with the dessert menu in between each word "stop that dickhead!" "Fuck off piss stain" Daisy said and everyone started laughing. Daisy and Sam haven't known each other for very long but they have a good friendship...may not look like it but they do.