Chapter 44

Fast forward a few months because why not, I'm bored.

It's the final race of the season, Olivia was leading with Lewis behind her, again, in the drivers standings. The gap between them was 2 points. Olivia knew she had to win. She knew she had it in her.

"WE ARE RACING IN ABU DHABI, THE FINAL RACE OF THE SEASON"

"Last race of the season, Olivia and Max, thank you for an incredible year and can't wait to come back next year with the same attitude we entered this year with" Christian gave the team a speech before starting the day with practice. Alex, Max and Olivia started having a conversation about how it might go down this weekend. Everyone believe in Olivia.

"OLIVIA WILLS IS STARTING ON POLE" Great way to end qualifying, Olivia was all set for Sunday.

"Olivia how are we feeling, last race of the season and your first year with Red Bull?" Will Buxton asked "I'm feeling amazing, I have a really good feeling about tomorrow" Olivia replied before taking a sip of her water "any nerves?" He asked "oh absolutely, I'm so nervous, anything could happen. But I'm more excited, knowing I could be champion if nothing goes wrong." They had a little bit more convo before Olivia walked off and headed to more interviews.

"Nervous?" Alex asked as they walked to the pit wall "yes, so nervous, I don't know what to do, my hands are shaking" "you'll be fine, we all know you can do it Olivia" "thanks Alex, I can't wait to see you drive again next year" they walked in and Olivia was ready to get in the car.

"ITS LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO!" Olivia slammed the accelerator and was leading already. She didn't want anyone to overtake or crash into her. She was so fast around corners and on the straights.

"3 more laps to go Olivia, 3 more laps to go" nerves were kicking in even more. Everyone at Red Bull was depending on her. She knew she had to win for the team. She had Lewis behind her, he wasn't going to let her win but she wasn't going to let him win. It was all down to the final corner on the final lap.

"Olivia Wills, you are world champion" thats all Olivia heard on her radio before screaming and cheering. She had done it. She did some donuts by the pit wall before driving to the first position sign.

In the cooldown room, Max and Lewis were congratulating her over and over.

"You did it!" "I did it" Olivia chuckled "how are you feeling?" Will asked her "lost for words to be honest, I want to thank the team for all their hard work and for making this possible" Olivia said smiling her head off. She was lost for words, everyone was congratulating her but she didn't know how to respond.

Heading back to the garage, most of the team members were running with her to the pits. They were all cheering Olivia on and then once she entered the garage, We Are The Champions by Queen started playing.

Let's just say Olivia got drunk that night. All her friends were there with her, holding her up, but also drinking and celebrating. It was probably the best night ever for Olivia, having all of her closest friends and team with her, celebrating her victory. She loved it and felt the happiest she has ever been. Despite all the ups and downs, she had a great year. Loads of wins, crashes, she made new friends, she lost some...but Olivia knew she had made it.

Olivia Grace Wills was the champion of 2021.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE ON THIS STORY!! SURPRISE CHAPTER COMING SOON FOR THE ENDING ;( <33