Chapter 2: Loren

I looked into the mirror at home. Did I really look that different? I observed quickly for a second. I looked more toned than before, my curves were developing a bit, and I grew about an inch taller, leaving me at 5'7. I smile at the mirror and turn around and head to the kitchen. 

"Boo." 

I flinch at the sight of Loren smirking. 

"God, Loren. Ever heard of knocking?" I rummaged through the cabinets, looking for something to eat. 

"You could eat boring muggle food or...." He holds up a wrapper. Cauldron cakes. 

He tosses one over to me. 

"Thank you!" I opened it and immediately took a bite. I forgot how much I missed these. 

He looks at me and I look up from the pastry I'm holding. I raise my eyebrows as if asking what he's looking at.  

"So.... we hadn't talked... in a while." He laughs lightly as he looks at me. "I thought we should talk about what happened before we left school." He looked at me with a hopeful expression upon his face. 

"There's nothing to talk about Loren. We kissed. That's all." I turn back around so he doesn't see the awkwardness on my face.  

"Yeah. I know, and I get talking about this is weird and all, but honestly, it wasn't just a kiss to me!" 

I sigh and turn back around. " I don't know what to tell you Loren. We dated almost 9 months ago, it didn't work out."  

"It could've." 

"NO! It wouldn't have? You know why? Because you were being a psychopath who was willing to KILL or hurt people for your stupid friends who YOU killed! You physically abused me twice and emotionally tore me apart JUST for some face resurrection potion you KNEW WOULDN'T WORK! So tell me, Loren, would we have really worked out?" I'm so sick and tired of everyone's bullshit. "And I even told you, I gave you a chance to change, and you just went straight back to your old habits." 

"I thought we were past that?" Oh he did not just go about as if he was accusing ME. 

"HOW? How can I be past the fact that you... you pierced my neck, put a wand to my neck, you emotionally abused me, HOW! I know you're changing, and for that I'm proud of you, but I'm not the one for you, I promise! We dated around... like, like nine months ago. You should be over it by now." I turn around and pretend to inspect the kitchen utensils. 

"Like how you should be over Mattheo?" A deafening silence splits throughout the room. I turn around and look at him in shock. 

"Excuse me?" 

"I mean-" 

"Who are YOU to decide whether or not I am over Mattheo? For the record, I AM over him. He's a dick who absolutely obliterated my self esteem." I throw the utensil I was holding in my hand on the ground harshly. " Real mature of you Loren. You claim to be changing and shit yet you're are still a condescending, motherfucking, world class asshole. GET A LIFE and GET OUT OF MY APARTMENT!" 

"SEE, this just proves what I'm saying. If you really were over him you wouldn't be throwing such a fit over what I said. You just start yelling out of NOWHERE Snow. You Snow, are the one that needs to learn to move on." He picks up the other stuff he set aside and made it to the door.  

"Once a dick always a dick," I say. 

He sighs and slams the door shut behind him.  

Fuck. I scream in disgust as I throw aside my jacket. The scary thing is, I know he's right. But I mean, he doesn't have to know that.  

It's so frustrating. This whole summer, ALL I wanted to do was forget 4th year ever happened. Then fucking Loren comes along and those plans are ruined. 

Short chapter ( longer ones coming soon) 

Word Count: 670