Chapter 24: Movie Night

I TRIED MAKING IT GOOD BUT I KINDA FAILED LMFAO SORRY. 

I rush to a spot and stayed glued there. I feel Mattheo's presence next to me as he faces the front, but I don't look at him. 

"Students. Students. Please quiet down!" Everyone's chatter seized and Dumbledore continues speaking. 

"The professors and I have done a sweep of the grounds, and there are no dangerous people or objects on the school grounds. However, for a few days, until we finish cleaning up the school, there will be no classes or tests. This was a close call, and I hope this proves how crucial it is to pay attention in your classes so you know how to take care of yourself if such a situation ever is to occur again. Please return to your dormitories. Professors are allowing you to visit other clubhouses for support from your friends!" Dumbledore finishes his speech and we are all urged back into our dorms. 

Without saying a word to anyone, I push through people so I can rush to the Gryffindor clubhouse. I was feeling like absolute garbage right now, I was absolute garbage right now.  When I entered my dorms, I immediately grabbed my two silver daggers. I flipped one in my hand, I trick I picked up, and lurged it into the door. It hit right in the center. I may or may not have been practicing my knife throwing skills. I get up to grab the knife and while I pulling it out, Ginny opens the door. 

"Get ready by 8 pm, there's a movie night at the Slytherin clubhouse!" 

I shake my head no while going to my bed. 

"Please? We can go together. It will be a distraction!" 

I shake my head no again. 

"Your brother and friends will be there." 

Tempting but no. I shake my head again. 

"You're coming whether you like it or not. PLEASE SNOW?" 

I groan and nod my head yes in defeat. She smiled triumphantly before walking up to her closet and looking through her clothes. "What says..... Simple but incredibly bold and sexy?" I look up when she says that an raise an eyebrow. 

"Say what?" 

"Someone.... is going to be there, and I want to look a little nicer. That's not a crime, is it?" she asked a little too innocently. I smirk a little.  

"I have something you can wear," I nod my head towards my closet and jump up to grab it. I pull out black jeans and a red top with slightly more fabric on it too make it look loose and just gorgeous somehow. It was very breathable and I was sure it'd look fantastic on Ginny. Plus, it showed the tiniest amount of cleavage. 

"This is..... PERFECT! Snow, thank you!" 

A few hours later.... 

"MOVIE TIME!" I wake up, startled, and look at the door to see Ginny screaming at me. She was in the outfit I gave her, and as predicted, she looked gorgeous. She wasn't wearing any makeup except for a light red lipstick, which perfectly complemented the look. "Let's gooooooo!" She grabbed my arm and began dragging me outside of the clubhouse. A lot of people were also heading to the Slytherin clubhouse for movie night. I was in gray sweats and a black tank top. I wasn't really comfortable with exposing my arms completely but I was too lazy to get up and change now.  

When we arrived at the clubhouse, around 30 to 45 people were there, from all houses. They were chattering and laughing as we waited for the movie to start. I saw Mattheo watching me while I looked for a seat. I looked around but I couldn't find anywhere to sit, so I sat in the only place available, right next to him. Ginny was next to me, fixing her hair and adjusting her outfit constantly.  

Everyone suddenly went quiet and began shushing, the movie started. I didn't pay attention to the title. All I know is that it's an enemies to lovers romance. People at Hogwarts are suckers for those kinds of things. The entire course of the movie, almost 75% of the time, I felt Mattheo side eyeing me or shamelessly staring at me, sorrow in his eyes. Draco Malfoy burst into tears when the couple broke up because the boyfriend betrayed her. I sucked in a breath, the story felt like a come back to me and Mattheo's story in the most ironic way possible. Finally, at the end of the movie, they got back together and the movie ended with them kissing in the sunset. Everyone cheered, and multiple Slytherin boys burst into tears, causing all the Gryffindors to laugh. But not me. I stayed still, staring at the ground in front of me. 

People began saying their goodbyes, and soon, only a handful of people were left in the common room. Ginny was off god knows where, the trio were in front of me, talking, and a few Ravenclaws and Slytherins were hanging around. I just stay in place, twiddling with my thumbs. I felt awkward, feeling Mattheo's stare on me. I made the mistake of looking up right into his eyes. I flushed red, I'm sure, and I looked back down, flustered and embarrassed.

"Come on," I suddenly heard his raspy voice whisper to me. Mattheo grabbed my arm and started pulling me away from the common room. I don't say anything, almost certain he was going to have an argument with me about our relationship or whatever. When we reach his room, he just gently places me on the bed so that I'm sitting on the edge. He kneels down a little so that he's at my level. For the first time in a long time, I'm too scared to say anything while making eye contact. "Snow," he said firmly, yet there was something gentle about it. "Look at me." 

His tone surprised me so much that I looked up into his gaze. "What did you think of the movie?" 

"Uhm." I cleared my throat, trying to think of a reply. "It was ok. I just found is extremely unrealistic for a movie that claims to be relatable."  

He tilts his head slightly in question. "I found it really relatable actually." His tone suggests that I should've found it relatable too. Ok, fine, maybe I did find it relatable, but he doesn't need to know that. He wasn't sounding condescending, but rather just more firm than usual. "I mean, going from hating someone, to realizing they're misunderstood, and then realizing you love them." He moved a strand of hair behind my ear after he finished talking. "Sound familiar?" 

I shiver at his touch, and I am so tempted to tell the truth. I shake my head no, trying not to give in. He smirked and continued speaking. "And after the boyfriend made a mistake, the girl couldn't forgive him. They rekindled. Sure it took a while, but finally it was sealed." He finished his brief summary of the movie before looking back at me. 

"And then the boy kissed her, to show how true his feelings were," I finish. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding after I said that. He nodded, a small smile appearing on his face. His gaze dropped for a second and he closed his eyes, ruffling a hand through his hair , as if he was thinking. I looked back down at my hands, feeling awkward. 

Suddenly, he opened his cupped by jaw. "I'm going to kiss you exactly like he did in the movie, is that fine with you?" I open my mouth in shock and he doesn't even wait a second for my response. "Ok, good." 

I'm literally so sorry that it took me a few days to update. Also, sorry that this chapter is cringe, idk how to write rly gud romance lmaooo.