Chapter 5:The Ministry

I just waited until the clock struck 10 P.M. I was desperately waiting for everyone to come pick me up and get me out of this hell hole. I knew my dark circles were very prevalent right now, but I couldn't care less. I had already filed my notice letting them know I'm leaving the apartment, and spelled everything in the apartment to a storage unit.  

Tick Tock, Tick Tock. 

No, there wasn't actually a clock, but I pretended there was, made the time go waaaaay faster. 

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 10:30 P.M. God, when will they be here. I had already changed into a hoodie and jeans, and put my hair up in a ponytail. Maybe they're waiting outside. 

I went into my backyard where I could get a view of the streets if I stood on a chair, but I thought this Tonks Lupin was talking about would be smart enough to come get me instead of waiting for me.  

My trunk was in front of me. I was staring at it, knowing some of the contents in it. I hesitantly opened the trunk and in it were a stack of 10 letters. All from the one person I didn't want to talk to. I haven't talked to him since January, when everyone left school early cause of the whole " situation." I take a look at the envelopes. All of them are still sealed, with the name written in shiny, fancy writing, "𝓜𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓸 𝓡𝓲𝓭𝓭𝓵𝓮." I didn't open any of them yet. He started sending them in February through May until I guess he gave up. Some part of me, knew that at the time, my weak state of mind wouldn't be able to handle all the words he had to say to me. 

A small part of me wanted to believe that he really was helpless, yet somehow I was still angry, even know, at the end of August, nine months later. I look through the stack of ten letters until I reach the bottom and pull out the very first letter he sent me, February 12th. I stared at the letter for a minute. I grunted in defeat as I ripped open the envelope and unfolded the letter. Before I could read it however, I snapped my face up at voices. 

"Do you think this is it?" 

"Most likely, that's what Lupin told us." 

Lupin? Ok, looks like that's them. I spell my trunk to follow me and open the door. 

"Hello?"I whisper yell into the darkness as I hear footsteps approaching. What's facing in front of me is a woman with purple hair and bold eyeliner. 

"So you're Tonks?" I smile in amusement, Lupin scored. She is HOT! 

"The one and only? I'm told you are the famous Snow Potter?" 

I nod and smile. Her presence just makes you smile. 

"You know how to ride a broom Snow?" 

"OBVIOUSLY! My father's Jame Potter." 

"Well hurry up, can't risk them damn muggles catching us." 

We quickly shuffle into my backyard and onto the brooms. She casts an invisibility spell on my trunk and warns me that I need to follow her every tiny movement. 

"Before we leave, I need to know, how's Harry doing?" 

"He's waiting at the ministry, his trial is set at 7 a.m. That's why I'm so late, I had to debate a later time for his trial so you could be there. Now hurry, let's go." 

Once I boarded my broom, we took off into the night. I got into the "zone," as I quickly followed Tonks at, I think like 50 MPH in the air. The wind blew on my face in the best way possible. 

She kept making multiple twists and turns and I couldn't even tell where we were through all the fog and clouds we were flying through. 

"ALMOST THERE!" She yelled out. 

After a few minutes she began descending a few blocks away from a huge building, which I'll bet is the ministry.  

"We're here!" We landed and she stashed our brooms away somewhere. 

"My trunk..." 

"Oh." She brushed it off with a wave off with a wave of her hand. "Don't worry about it, I'll quickly transport it." 

"Transport it, how are you going to- woah..." Within seconds of her flicking her wand, I saw the trunk disappear in thin air. Of course, how could I forget about this spell? I looked up and saw Tonk's hair was now a burgundy color. 

"Uh... Tonks, your hair...." Her hair began to go back to its pink color. "WAIT! You're a metamorphmagus?" I laughed at the sight of finally seeing one, I rarely see them here in England. 

"RIGHT YOU ARE! Finally, some youngling knows what that is. It helped me a great deal in Auror training." 

"YOU'RE AN AUROR?" I'm loving her more by the second. 

She nods and then motions her head in front of her. 

"Let's hurry on, the trial's to start soon."  

We quickly ran into the ministry and had to rush to the trial hallway as it was already 7:00 A.M. 

When we finally arrived we say Ron's father there. 

"Mr.Weasley!"  

"Oh, great to see you dear. Now, I was able to negotiate you being there during the trial..." He keeps talking while leading me to an elevator. "And do not speak unless spoken too, stay still, don't make unnecessary noises."  

He rushed me there, before leaving. I made my way into the room. Everyone looked at me and widened their eyes. Harry sighed of relief seeing me there. I looked to the side and just sat at a chair and waited for this to be over.  

Two minutes later, I was banging my head against my fists.

What about "don't speak unless spoken too," did Harry not understand. Not only that, the fucking ministry clearly doesn't know how a conversation works and nor do they listen to more than a word that comes out of Harry's mouth. 

It almost seemed as if he was going to fail the case, until the door opened with a bang and echoed dramatically. We all looked at the door and the lord of saviors came at the perfect time. 

Dumbledore.