3

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day."

"You ready?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

Beyoncé loaded her jet and sat there jittery. She didn't know how to feel about going back to her home. It had been three years, and so much changed. Things that she wouldn't expect to be different.

Even though three years doesn't seem like much, it was enough to project change in a lot of people's lives.

The whole way was silent. She used the time to think about her plans. How she would present herself to everyone. Would they be excited? Would they even care? A lot was on her mind.

All she wanted to see was everything the same. That she hadn't missed a thing and it was all waiting for her to come back. But reality would soon hit where it's least expected.

As they landed, she got an idea to contact the person she'd been wanting to see since she left. It weighed heavy on her heart that the girl had someone else. It was the last thing she wanted to believe.

"Yes Beyoncé?"

"I'm here baby."

"You're where?"

"I'm back, love."

"Oh...well have fun I guess."

"Where you at so I can come see you?"

"I'm at home..."

"Unlock the door in about 10 minutes." She hung up with a smile and turned to her friend. Showing a thumbs up in excitement. It made her heart thump to see her since she'd been through so much without her. "I'm finna go see Rosemary."

"She letting you stop by?"

"Yea. Why wouldn't she?"

"That girl has gotten feisty since you left. She won't even talk to us no more. Know we used to be the crew, but it's fuck us now."

"I'm sure you know why she says fuck y'all." Beyonce gave Robyn a look, remembering why the young girl was so upset with them.

"That's not our fault. It's yours."

"Y'all were a part of it as well."

Beyoncé moved quickly to her rental car and hopped in. She had one mission and it would be complete in due time. The memories flashed through her head as she thought about remaking them. Seeing the smiles on her family's faces and the tears they'd shed.

Driving around gave her the most odd feeling. She didn't think it would look so off. It was normal to the people walking streets. But to someone who was gone for three years, it wouldn't feel right.

Buildings knocked down and new people all around. Some faces were new while a few were recognizable. But no one knew who the person riding in super dark tint was.

"She doesn't stay there anymore Bey. Damn, y'all talk and she ain't told you she moved? Go to King Street."

"King Street?"

"Yep. Told you baby girl been working."

"Damn." She sighed and hit a sharp turn. Beyonce knew that King Street was where all the high-end people stayed. Either they'd finally got money, or they grew up with rich parents. The first option was what most of them went by.

Heading back towards the area she'd just left, it made her think hard. Rosemary had spoken to her every night for a year but never mentioned that she'd moved. Now it's year three and they barely speak to each other. So much had changed that she didn't expect.