41

I ended the show on a good note, but i'm tired as hell. Kissed my fans goodbye and had to get my ass off that stage. Breathing all hard and shit, it take a lot for one show.

As I walked to the back, everyone a part of this gave a round of applause. I started to clap as well, bowing a bit. If it weren't for their contribution this wouldn't be as successful as it is now.

"One more down, a hunned mill to go." I flopped in a chair and fanned myself. Mama came with some water for me to drink plus a towel for my head. When I caught my breath I started to change out of my performance clothes to a simple black sweatsuit.

I'm ready to get to this hotel so I can get me a nap in until I have to catch this flight. Next stop is Raleigh, NC.

"Call Onika." Mama handed me my phone as we walked out to the van. Right. I'm sure she's called a couple times. Well maybe not because Mama said she sent her the set list and times i'll be on the stage. Only because for some reason she tend to call while i'm performing.

Mama didn't want her to think I was just saying it and not meaning it. Which is a good idea because Onika will go there. I don't want her to think like that.

When I got situated in the van I called her. She didn't answer the first time but immediately called back. Yea she know better.

"Hello?"

"Hey mama, what you doing?"

"Ummm, i'm working right now."

"You working?"

"Yea. What are you doing?"

"Just ended a show, i'm on the way to my hotel. I miss you." I smiled. It's been too long, I wanna go see her. These shows just been every other day, it wouldn't give me enough time to go see her in between.

"Aw, I miss you too baby. How was it?"

"It was really good, I loved it. There's always so much love in the crowd but today it just felt so much better than most."

She giggled over the phone and I just melted at the sound. I could feel Mama looking at me. Onika is my baby man, she'll turn me into a little bitch any day.

"Well it's really great to hear that baby, i'm glad you feel loved while doing something you love. You deserve it."

I always feel good when she tells me that. It's like a soft spot coming from her. Seeing that we both have success within ourselves is such a blessing. Not many can say they're touching what she's touching. Or even what i'm touching. Not too toot my own horn though.

"I wanted to see you but I only have one day. It won't be enough time." I mumbled. At first I was still gonna try to get to her but it didn't make sense. There's still work within work. It wouldn't line up correctly.

"You'll see me soon." She spoke lowly but I ignored it because no I won't. These past few shows are like this so no telling when i'll be flying back to her. I don't want it to be too long though. "Just follow the light and you'll find me."

"Quit playing games girl." I chuckled. Talking bout follow the light, what damn light? She not bat woman.

"I'm kidding baby, but you will see me soon. Real soon."

"I hope so."

"Ok, i'll talk to you when i'm finished baby. I love you, and have a good night."

"I love you too. Call me before you go to sleep."

"I will. Don't try to wait up."

"Alright."

She hung up and I laid my head back on the seat. This ride seems long. Either that or i'm just real tired. That bed is calling me, that's all I do know.