18

This girl make me so happy, she just don't know. Seeing her enjoy her life like she never had a struggle is the best. Not a soul would know her story unless she looked in their eyes and told them.

I'm beyond proud of her for not letting that stop her. She continues with her life like it never happened. Not only does she take care of herself, she takes care of her family. You'll never see them without unless she's going without.

I just love everything about her. Literally. Even her attitude when she's ready to ignore me because I unknowingly hurt her feelings. Yea I get annoyed but I love seeing that emotion on her face. She think she be hiding it but it be clear as day.

She's perfect. She may not think it but that woman is perfection.

My little Rosemary.

I gave her the name when we'd first started dating as teenagers. She was the rowdy girl. Her friend group was a bunch of hood bitches that stayed on her street. They were amazing friends I can't lie. It was hard for me to get to her.

But I kind of had it because of Robyn. She was messing with Onikas friend Lauren. I don't even know where that girl is today.

That's besides the point. Onika would stand back and let her friends do the talking for her. She knew they had her back as a group. They would be asking me questions and I would be staring through them right to Onika. Wanting her to answer everything I asked. It never happened though.

She never really let her guard down too fast. So imagine me going through her friends for her all junior year of high school. It was a hassle. But I knew I wanted her so I went hard.

That summer she finally let up. Told her friends to back down a bit and started letting me come through her and not anyone else. My young ass was doing everything I could to impress her.

Mainly because I knew where she was from and girls like that aren't impressed easily. She stayed telling me she was from the hood and didn't 'give a fuck about flashy shit.'

I wasn't from the hood but everyone has a struggle story.

That summer was amazing. She let me take her on dates and I even got her in her soft girl era. At first she was tough on me, but I guess she started to really like me. I was getting her to blush and smile when she saw my face.

She even used to be sad when she couldn't see me. This is where the name Rosemary comes in at.

It was Christmas break and we both had just turned 18 a bit ago. She went to the islands with her family and I went on a vacation. We hadn't seen each other for a minute. It was getting to her.

When I say calls all day, I mean it. She couldn't not hear my voice. Her trip ended way before mine and she was at home while I was still gone.

The first time i'd even seen, heard her cry. All because she missed me so much. It surprised the hell out of me, I had to go home. Not gonna lie it broke my heart. She sounded so hurt over the phone.

So what I did..I got me a flight back home while my family stayed away. I was home by myself but I didn't care. Onika knew I was closer to her and she was fine.

I would pick her up and take her to get some food and things like that. We enjoyed ourselves together. Of course I had to hear from her parents after while.

They didn't know we were dating but they could feel the liking between us. Not gonna lie I was nervous as hell.

But one day I had to take her home. She really didn't wanna go back, we had no choice though. Her curfew was coming up. We pulled up to her house and she'd just started to cry.