Prologue

Abhimanyu

As I return to my penthouse, the usual deafening silence greets me. 

You'd think one would get used to being alone after all these years but let me tell you, it doesn't get better.

Tired, mentally and physically, I sit down on the couch and pour myself a glass of scotch and switch on the TV. 

Bad decision.

It is her face that stares at me through the screen. 

As she receives yet another award for her company's success, I look at her ever-so-charming smile. 

Her duly practised speech flows out like a melody.

"My father couldn't be here tonight but he sends his regards to all of you" she says.

Her father. 

The man who is the reason for my pain and my misery. 

The man who took everything away from me... my home and my family. 

And now, I will take away the one thing that matters most to him. His daughter. Akshara Goenka. 

As her speech concludes, the crowd erupts in applause. 

And once again, she gives them her beautiful smile. 

I pick up my glass and throw it at the tv, the screen breaking into a million pieces and her smile no longer visible. 

That's how I will destroy you too, Akshara Goenka. And when I'm done, this smile would be as broken as it looks now and YOU will be as broken as I AM. 

-

-

Author's Note:

Hi Guys! 

If you're new to my stories, hello! I hope you're ready to witness this emotional journey. 

And if you're an old reader, welcome back! I missed being here (so I came back early) and I hope you missed me too. Fasten your seatbelts because this will be yet another rollercoaster of emotions !

-Love, 

Srishti