Chapter 41

Abhimanyu

After working with Lavanya on finding out other possible clues for hours, I finally tell her to take a lunch break.

Earlier this morning, she told me that Rehan was down with high fever and that he was still adamant on coming to the office.

I called him up and ordered him to take a day off today and now Lavanya told me that she'd be going to meet him at his place to make sure he's okay.

So I sit back and decide to call up Akshara to check if she's still angry with me.

Her phone rings but she doesn't pick up.

Once. Twice. Thrice.

By this time, I'm up on my feet and I run to the car while calling the landline.

Sudha ji picks up and tells me that Akshara has been in her room since morning but my gut tells me to still go and check in on her.

I quickly drive home and skip two steps at a time to reach the room faster.

As I enter, the room is completely empty.

For a minute, my heart is in my mouth as a hundred bad thoughts cross my mind.

"Ouch ouch ouch" I hear her voice from the bathroom and I run towards her immediately.

"Akshara?" I knock at the door "Akshara please tell me, are you okay?"

I hear the dragging of her slippers and then she opens the door looking pale and in pain.

"What's wrong?" I hold her immediately.

"Nothing" she rolls her eyes.

I ignore her expression and pick her up in my arms.

"Ahhh! Abhi" she cries in frustration "don't do that, my cramps are already killing me"

I immediately make her lie on the bed and cup her face "What's wrong Akshara? What cramps?"

"Period cramps" she answers while letting out a huge breath.

Now, I don't mean to sound insensitive but I've never had to take care of someone who was on their period, so I really don't know what to do at this point.

"Lie down" I say as it's the first thing that comes to my mind.

"I don't want to. Don't order me around, mister!" She says in an irritated tone.

"I should call Sudha ji, she'll-"

"Why? Why Sudha ji? Don't you want to be with me? Okay go, go to that ex girlfriend of yours" she says as she now lies down!

Oh God, what am I supposed to do?

Before I make any other mistake that worsens her mood, I leave the room.

Akshara

I lie down, grumpy and irritated and in response, I hear him walk out of the room.

Wonderful!

Go, go dear husband, go find another wife because this one's gonna die of period cramps and you don't even care!

For a good 15 minutes, I stay there in the same position until I hear the door open again.

I do not turn around because I recognise his footsteps immediately.

"Baby" he whispers gently and I feel like crying all of a sudden.

He caresses my face from the side and gently places a hot water bag near my tummy.

"Does it hurt here?" He touches my stomach and I take his hand to my lower abdomen "Here"