Chapter 36

A few days later...

Abhimanyu

I stare at the file in front of me and try to figure out the meaning behind the words.

I look at the clock and it's 11 pm and I know Akshara would be disappointed again.

A few days ago, Akshara first slept in my room and just on the next day, I got her shifted to my room.

She has been sleeping in my arms every night since and that fact alone helps me sleep better.

But three days ago, Rehan found some new information related to the clues that my father had sent to me in the email.

I have gone through that file a hundred times in the past three days but except for a few small things, I didn't find anything that would help me take down Raj Shekhar Goenka.

Apart from that, these late nights at the office have started annoying Akshara since I didn't tell her the actual reason.

The first night, she waited patiently for me and had dinner only when I went home.

Yesterday, she called me up and I told her I'd be there by 9 but I was caught up in a meeting with my security team and reached at 11:45. She was really unhappy and asked me if everything was okay.

I told her it was something work-related and she told me that it was okay.

This evening, she texted me to remind me that it was our 3 month anniversary and that she was preparing dinner for us.

I really wanted to go on time but I received an urgent update that I could not ignore because every moment that I waste would put Akshara's security in danger.

I look at my phone and see that she has left my previous 3 messages on read.

My wife's really angry this time.

When I reach home at 12:20 am, I find the dining table completely empty. I open the fridge to find everything stacked in it and the food looks completely untouched.

I feel really guilty as I realise that Akshara is still hungry.

I immediately run to the room only to find it completely empty.

A wave of nervousness and anxiety hits me as a hundred bad thoughts flood my mind. I immediately run to her old room and I take a sigh of relief as I find her asleep on the bed.

No, she's not sleeping here away from me.

I go and pick her up in my arms and she slowly opens her eyes.

"No, I want to stay here, I don't want to be with you" she says sleepily as she tries to get down from my arms but I tighten my grip around her.

"Shh baby, you can fight with me tomorrow, right now, we're going to our bed" I whisper as I kiss her forehead.

She seems like she wants to fight but is too tired to do it and so she falls back asleep.

I take her to our room and make her lie down as I change my clothes and get inside the blanket with her.

"I'm sorry Akshara, I promise I'll make it up to you " I whisper as I hug her and close my eyes.

.

.

Akshara

I wake up to find myself in Abhimanyu and my bedroom and I feel angry all over again.

I see his handsome face as he sleeps peacefully, with his hand around my waist but I tell myself that I can't forgive him so easily.

I slide out of bed and go to Ayush to wake him up. Abhimanyu arranged for a home tutor for him a week ago and he has been attending regular classes since.