Chapter 32

Akshara

Surreal. That's how the past few hours have been.

As I lie in my bed I look back to the sudden inflow of happiness in my life.

An hour ago, Abhimanyu asked me out on a date!

My first date ever!

I honestly feel like a schoolgirl who just had eye contact with her crush.

When I was walking towards my room, I think Abhimanyu wanted to say something but he stopped himself.

He just gave me his sweet boyish grin and walked to his room.

I went to check in on Ayush wondering if he was missing me but nah, the guy was wide asleep with the TV still on.

Man, Abhimanyu does know how to impress a little boy! Ayush's room looked like it appeared straight out of the mind of every teenage boy ever.

I took a shower and changed into my night suit, all the while smiling to myself.

And now, I can't even sleep!

To be honest, this is the first time that I'm sleepless out of happiness and not pain or fear.

This is the life I had always dreamt of!

.

.

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face.

I didn't want to get up, this feels like a dream!

A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door and Abhimanyu walked in with two cups of tea.

"Good morning" he whispered and I could see the bright smile on his face.

"You look like you slept really well" I grin at him.

"I never thought I'd say this, but I did! I slept like a baby" he blushes.

Damn, this boy is so cute.

He sits down next to me and hands me my tea.

I look at him for a few seconds before I begin "Uh, Abhimanyu... what should I wear tonight?" I ask nervously and look elsewhere.

He looks at me with a surprised and teasing expression.

I hit him on the arm playfully "Come on, this is my first date ever, I'm confused" I bite my lip shyly.

"You've never been on a date before?" he asks and I shake my head with embarrassment.

"That makes me all the more excited" he says and I blush furiously.

And then a question pops into my head "Have you? Have you been on a date before?"

He thinks for a moment and says "I don't know if I can call it a date. I mean when I was in college, a girl asked me to go to the prom with her. After that, we had coffee 2-3 times but I don't know if that counts as a date" he says casually.

When I say nothing, he looks at me and I roll my eyes.

"That doesn't count as a date, that counts as 3-4 dates" I say annoyed, realising that I sound like a jealous wife.

"Is that jealousy I'm seeing?" He asks in a teasing voice and I stay quiet.

"Akshara, I'm as good with emotions as a stone, you can imagine what those days must have been like" I laugh all of a sudden and he grins.

We sit in a comfortable silence as we sip our tea.

Suddenly, his phone buzzes and he looks a little upset.