Chapter 55

Akshara

An hour ago, Tara and I reached the hospital but Rehan had still not woken up. We wait outside in the waiting room and I call Abhimanyu again, for the sixth time but this time, he actually picks up.

"Abhi, where have you been? We've-"

"Right here with you" he replies but I hear the response from behind me and not from the phone.

I turn around to see a freshly showered Abhimanyu looking at me with a look that I know can come from only one thing.

"It's over" he says as he gives me a slight smile and I run to him and hug him.

"It's really over, Abhi?" my voice is shivery as I realise that the man who made my life hell has now been sent to rot in hell for real.

"Hmm" he says as he kisses my forehead.

"Rehan?"

I shake my head in no and he turns towards Tara who looks completely lifeless.

"Tara-"

"Excuse me, Mr. Birla. The patient has woken up" a nurse interrupts and Tara's eyes immediately light up.

She blindly runs to Rehan's room and we follow after her.

As we open the door, Tara is hugging Rehan in an awkward manner to avoid touching the wound on his chest and there are tears in their eyes that make my eyes watery too.

But what happens next is a lot more awkward.

Rehan closes the gap between them and kisses Tara on the lips and she passionately kisses him back.

"I love you Lavanya" he whispers and I hear a grunt from my side and turn to see Abhimanyu looking here and there awkwardly.

That is when I realise what just happened and I burst out into laughter.

Abhimanyu's weird expression on seeing his sister kiss his main guy was just too amazing to let go.

Rehan and Tara pull apart immediately and now their faces show awkwardness too.

Abhimanyu rolls his eyes "Umm... this... Tara you're-"

"Who's Tara?" Rehan asks and I bite my lip to control my smile because I cannot wait to see how this truth unfolds.

"The girl you had your tongue into seconds ago" Abhimanyu says without looking at them in the eye.

"Umm... sir I... Lavanya and I-"

"Come on bhaiyya, you know I love him" Tara adds in Rehan's defense.

"Yeah, I could see that clearly" Abhimanyu makes a face and I laugh again but then he glares at me and I turn around to take that smile off my face.

"Lavanya, what's this-"

"Your sir, Abhimanyu Birla is actually my brother Abhay. It's a long story and we didn't know it until yesterday... but we're family. My actual name is Tara" she tries to explain and I swear I see a rainbow of expressions on Rehan's face.

"You're sir's sister" he says more to himself than any of us. "You are Abhimanyu Birla's sister. And you are my- and I just kisses- Oh God, I might just lose consciousness again"

Tara and I burst out laughing while Abhimanyu takes a deep breath.

"Rehan I think you should rest for now"

"But sir, that man-"

"It's over. The game has ended. We're all safe now" Abhimanyu smiles genuinely and everyone else reciprocates his emotions.