Chapter 39

Akshara

A few hours ago Abhimanyu texted me that he will be out on a business dinner tonight and so I decide to do the one thing that I had been wanting to for really, really long.

I called up Kritika and invited her home!

Yes, Abhimanyu didn't like having "strangers" at home but when I asked him if I could invite Kritika over, his reply was simple "It's your home too Akshara, you don't need my permission"

Well, the old Abhimanyu Birla has vanished!

I look at the clock and it's almost time for her to come and so I get ready in a simple crop top and jeans.

A few minutes later, the guard calls to inform me that Kritika is on her way up.

"Oh my GODDDD Akshara! You live in a palace!" was her first reaction as she entered the main door. "That's why you weren't inviting me here, you were afraid I'd steal something, and trust me I can!" She says as looks at the interior which I made a few changes to in the past few weeks.

"Shut up you drama queen" I hug her tight and she hugs me back tighter.

"I'm so happy to see you Akshara" she says as she pulls back and I see tears in her eyes "I was so worried for you. Are you okay, though?"

"I'm more than okay Kritika. I'm really happy! I have Ayush here with me, I have you here now and I have a husband who loves me-"

"OMG! Did you just say loveeee?"

I blush as she teases me and I nod. "I may not have married him for love Kritika, but I do love him now."

"FUCKKKINGGG HELLL!!!" Kritika squeals and I jump out of shock. "Is that a hickey on your neck?" She screams.

Oh shit. Kritika came before I could apply my makeup completely and I forgot that my dearest husband was wild in bed and last night he marked me his in all ways possible including a huge hickey on my neck and a few more in areas that are hidden!

"I- uh- umm" I look here and there but she hugs me again.

"You Mrs. Akshara Birla are so in love. And not just any love, but absolutely wild and hot love" she laughs and I turn all shades of red.

"Come on let me give you a tour and I'll take you to meet Ayush" I try to divert the topic and I do it successfully as she becomes completely enchanted by the luxury apartment.

"Will your husband be willing to rent out a room here? Oh, who am I kidding? Even the rent of this place would cost more than two months of my salary" she laughs and I slap my hand on my forehead. This girl is crazy!

She meets Ayush like he's her own brother and even though he doesn't remember her much, he acts like a good boy in front of her.

I also take her to meet Sudha ji who offers to make her favourite dishes for dinner but she refuses.

"Sudha ji, next time I'll surely have dinner here but today, I'm not going to let Akshara off the hook this easily. I want a grand treat from her for her wedding, her new-found love and the fact that she ditched me for so long"

"Alright, alright. Let's go out for dinner then."

"Ohhhh, let's go to that place you went last night, the one you just showed me the pictures of!" She says excitedly.

"La Nuit? Yeah, the place was beautiful but I'm not sure if we'll get a table there. I mean it's a really top-notch place that requires reservations and all..."

"Come on Akshara! No excuses at all. Use your "I'm Mrs. Abhimanyu Birla" card and they'll carry you to your chair happily" she laughs and I do too.

"Well, then Mrs. Birla card it is!"