Chapter 53

Abhimanyu

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

It's been eight hours since Rehan's surgery ended.

And he is still in a coma.

As I hold Tara in my arms, her eyes swollen and red, I'm not sure what I am supposed to say to her.

Do I know that Rehan will wake up soon?

Of course, he's a fighter, a goddamn superhero! How can he not wake up and get back to action?

But can I tell this to Tara.

I don't think so.

I turn to my right to see Akshara sleeping on the bench, her arms covered up with bandages, making my blood boil.

I recall yesterday's incidents and my mind fills up with wicked thoughts. I feel murderous and all thoughts of wrong-right, good-bad leave me at this moment because my revenge is yet to be completed.

I know Raj Goenka is sitting and rotting away in the cell that I put him in, but I want more. More pain, more satisfaction from his pain and the ultimate revenge. His death.

I call Sudha ji to ask her if Ayush had dinner after leaving the hospital and she replies in affirmative. The moment Rehan went into surgery, Akshara just wanted to see Ayush and I made arrangements to get him to the hospital but only after getting Akshara treated properly.

She kept telling me to get my wounds treated too but I didn't want the pain to lessen. Because when I walk up to my enemy to end him, I want to feel every bit of that pain as a reminder of why it's necessary to do what I'm doing.

I need those wounds to scream out and tell me that I'm not a monster like him when I kill him because I'm doing him a favour by killing him. Allowing him to live and torturing him, that would be monstrous even though I feel like that would be the right thing to do.

I kiss Tara's forehead and then get up and pick Akshara in my arms to take her to the rooms that I've booked for our stay nearby.

Honestly, I was conflicted about letting Akshara stay here. On one hand I wanted her to go home with Ayush and take the rest she needed but at the same time, I didn't want her to go anywhere away from my sight.

"Tara, I'm taking Akshara to the room, come along, you need rest too"

"But-"

"Rehan won't get up for a few more hours, the doctors have given him heavy sedatives. You can take a nap and then come back here"

She nods and comes along with me and I direct her to her room.

I take Akshara to the other room and make her lie down.

"Abhi" she whispers in her sleep and I caress her face.

"Sleep, baby. You're safe and I'm here with you" I slightly peck her lips and turn off the lights.

I go to Tara's room and I find her crouched up on the bed in one corner.

I sit down next to her and she starts sobbing.

"What is happening bhaiyya... why did we go through all of this?" she cries.

"Sometimes, we pay the price of being a good person Tara, even when we don't deserve any of this"

I wipe her tears "I promise you I'll give that man the most painful death, I'll not just kill him for messing with my family, I will make him beg for his death"

She stays quiet but her heartbeat now turns to its normal pace.

"Where's mumma, Tara?" I ask her with tears in my eyes.

"How do you-" she seems utterly shocked.

"You think I forgot how you always bite your lower lip when you try to lie? The moment I noticed that when you were talking to Raj Goenka, I understood that you're lying to keep her safe"

She smiles amidst her tears "You're still as perceptive and intelligent" she hugs me "She's in a care center" Tara cries "She's not well... the trauma...." she sobs into my chest as I shed my own tears.

"She won't believe when she sees you bhaiyya, she keeps talking about you" Tara cries and smiles at the same time.

"We'll get her home soon Tara, very soon. But only after I finish this game that Raj Goenka started 8 years ago. I'll meet her only after I've avenged papa's death" I promise.

"Take rest, Tara. I'll be back soon"

.

.

"Leave me!" the woman screams and cries.

"Let her go" I say as I walk into the basement.

"Abhay how could you-"

"If you utter another word, I'll have you locked up here for the rest of your life!" I growl.

"Now listen to me really carefully Samaira. Listen to me loud and clear.

Number one, you mean nothing to me, absolutely nothing. Let alone love you, I don't even hate you because it's too big an emotion to invest in you. I have absolutely no emotions for you, you don't even deserve my anger!" I scream and tears run down her eyes.

"Secondly, I don't want to see your face ever again in my life. I will let you go right now but if I ever see you anywhere around me or my wife or my family, I'll kill you! You so much so breathe in our direction, you'll regret it."

"Can I ask you one question before I leave forever?" she says, her face devoid of any emotion.

"Well, make sure it's your last"

"Did you ever not have any feelings for me? Not when we went on dates, not when we went to prom, never?"

"I considered you a friend Samaira, just a friend. Yes we went out a few times but I never felt anything for you. And before I could feel anything at all, my life was turned upside down and it never changed back to what it was before.

I'm not saying that you don't deserve to be loved, but it's not me that you'll get it from. Ever. And even if something had happened between us, it wouldn't have lasted too long because I was meant to meet Akshara somewhere down the line.

This way or that, I was supposed to meet my soulmate and I would have found her anyway. I hope that answers your question, Goodbye Samaira!" I say as I walk out, wiping off another name from my previous life, a name that I never want to hear again.

And now, I just need to wipe off one final name.

Raj Goenka, your end is coming to meet you. 

.

.

Author's Note: 

Hi Guys, hope you liked the update. 

Like. Vote. Comment. 

P.S  I'm sorry for the delayed update, this is most probably my last ever fanfic on Abhira, so I'm taking time to plan out the last few chapters. I want to make sure I justify the "perfect" in The Perfect Revenge.