Chapter 20

Author's Note 1: 

"Srishti, your story is so amazing, I'm totally addicted to it!"

"I just can't wait for the next chapter!"

My comments section and my dms are full of many such messages. 

 As a writer, I cannot ask for anything more. 

You people have given so much of love to the story that I still cannot comprehend it. 

You know it's a little funny and absolutely adorable that the minute I post an update, I start getting remarks like "update soon". It's overwhelming in the best way possible. 

Thankyou guys, you people are a blessing in my life. 

But at the same time, I hope you'd understand that I'm a working professional. I was in office the entire day and so it's not possible for me to keep updating every time the chapter ends on a cliffhanger (which it always does!) 

I know you're too excited to know what will happen and I am also excited to share it with you but I will need a little more time. 

Alsooo, if you keep making me post so often, the story will end really soon 😂

So, thankyou for your immense love, it's an honour to share my story with you. But please be a little patient too :")

And here's your chapter!

.

.

Abhimanyu

Akshara's blood.

I see Akshara's blood on my hand and I immediately fall back.

No no no.

What happened to her? Why is she- Oh God!

I immediately get up and wipe my hands on my jeans.

I pick her up in my arms and her head falls back as she lies lifeless in my arms.

I can feel my heart drumming in my chest and I gulp as I look at her face.

Her beautiful, bruised face.

I immediately run to the lift and I look at the empty desk in the lobby as I pass by.

Where the fuck is the watchman? Why didn't he see her?

I get rid of my anger and I run to the lift and I take her up.

I can't take her to the hospital. The press would find out that something's wrong. And I don't even know what happened to her.

I'm in such a hurry that I take her to my own room and immediately pick up my phone.

"Hello Rehan. Need you to send a female doctor to my penthouse right away, no questions asked. Make sure she knows the confidentiality rule" I tell him.

I run and sit down on the floor and rub Akshara's hand.

"Akshara please get up" I cry "Please please please Akshara" I beg but she remains lifeless.

I notice the water dripping from her clothes and I know I can't let her stay in them.

"I'm sorry Akshara, I will have to touch you without your permission but at this point, I just need to save you at any cost" I whisper and then run to her room to get her nightgown.

I create a mess of everything but I somehow find her night gown at the back of the cupboard.

I run back to her at double speed because I'm afraid that every second I waste would make her condition worse.