Chapter 34

Akshara

I go inside my room and change into my night suit all the while wondering what I should have done.

I then go and check on Ayush who takes a good 15 minutes to tell me the plot of the movie but I'm barely listening.

My mind is still stuck at the moment when his lips were on my forehead and I could feel the sweetness of the wine in his breath.

"Didi!" Ayush says loudly and I come back to attention.

"Huh?"

"I'm sleepy, Good night" he says and I kiss him goodnight and come back to my room.

For half an hour, I lie, wide awake on my bed, my thoughts making me go crazy.

The look in his eyes said he wanted to kiss me.

Or is that just my fantasy making me think so?

I sit and stand and walk and sit again and then lie down and this goes on for a long time.

"I want to sleep, I don't want to think!" I scream into the pillow.

Enough!

I need to do something about this tingly feeling in my stomach, these butterflies will kill me!

I take a deep breath and make my way to Abhimanyu's room.

Courage, Akshara. Be brave!

And with that, I knock at his door.

Abhimanyu

I can't sleep again tonight.

But for the first time, it's not because of anxiety or pain.

It's because ever since I leaned in closer to Akshara, my heart started drumming against my chest.

The moment my lips touched her forehead, I felt a new emotion, something completely new and different.

I could see her rosy, pink lips at just a little gap and in that moment, all I wanted was to feel those warm lips on mine. I could also see the same need in her eyes.

But then, I was reminded of what she's been through. I cannot casually initiate anything because I have no clue how deeply embedded in her mind is the trauma from whatever happened with her in the past.

And so, with a lot of effort, I had to pull away. I could see she was disappointed but I'd rather see her a bit disappointed than remind her of her pain in any way.

And so, I do what I always do when I'm unable to sleep. Work.

But I'm not even able to concentrate on it because my mind keeps remembering that scene over and over again.

Suddenly, I hear a knock at my door.

Nobody comes to my room at this hour.

I get up and open the door only to find Akshara walking back, rather running back to her room.

"Akshara" I call and she turns around, looking embarrassed.

"I- I-am sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up" she starts looking here and there and then for one second, she looks at me and bites her lip.

"Are you okay?" I ask sincerely.

"I don't know" she says and walks towards me. "Ever since you dropped me back to my room, I-" she closes her eyes and a few seconds later, she opens them.

And then, she walks towards me in a swift motion and before I realise what's happening, she throws her hands around my neck and tiptoes to crash her lips onto mine.

She kissed me!

Oh my God, Akshara kissed me!

I recover from my shock within seconds and then my hands go around her waist as I pull her closer and deepen the kiss.

She seems experienced and it makes my heart flutter.

As I kiss her deeper with every passing second, she tries to withdraw to take a breath but I just can't let her go.

Now that I've experienced how it feels to kiss her, I feel like an addict already.

I feel her nails digging into the back of my neck and as I bite her lip a little, she moans into my mouth, setting my whole body on fire.

I lift her up slightly and take her inside the room and I shut the door with my foot and it locks automatically.

I press her up against the door and kiss her fiercely as she tries to fight back for control.

I don't remember how long we kiss but every second of it is heavenly.

But eventually, we both are out of breath and have to let go.

By this point, we're both panting hard.

"Akshara, I'm sorry if-"

"So like I was saying, ever since you dropped me back to my room, I- wanted to do... this" she says as she blushes in all shades of red.

I walk up to her and kiss her forehead gently. "Me too" I whisper and she leans into my chest.

"Thankyou" she says "for giving me this kiss. For giving me this memory" and she wraps her arms around me and stays there for a long while.

.

.

Author's Note: 

Hi guys, I know the chapter was short but I didn't get too much time today. 

I hope you liked it, will post another update tonight! 

Do vote and comment!