Chapter 15

Akshara

For the course of the evening, I cling to Abhimanyu as the constant gaze of my father and Sandeep make me nervous.

"I told you to act, not over-act" Abhimanyu rolled his eyes at one point when I held his hand tightly.

He doesn't need to know my fears, just his presence is enough for now.

We have dinner with the girls and then one of them pulls Abhimanyu to dance with them. That moment is so adorable that I forget all my fears for a second.

A minute later, Abhimanyu leaves the area and goes somewhere and I immediately feel the loss of his presence.

"Excuse ma'am" I look up and see a waiter "Abhimanyu sir received an urgent call and he has to leave, he has called you near the second exit gate"

I'm immediately relieved to be leaving this place and take my purse and make way towards the exit.

From a distance, I see nobody around and just as I'm about to turn around, a hand covers my mouth and I'm grabbed by the waist and picked up.

"Hello Akshara" I hear Sandeep's voice as he whispers into my ear.

Disclaimer: The upcoming part talks about sensitive issues like abuse and violence. Please read only if you are comfortable.

A shiver runs down my spine and I can feel the cold droplets of sweat on the back of my neck.

He drags me to a room which looks somewhat like a storeroom as I struggle to free myself.

"Shhh...you know how this works Akshara" he says as he takes out his handkerchief and ties it around my mouth and then pins me to the wall with both his hands.

He inhales deeply and growls like an animal.

"Your scent is addictive Akshara. I still remember the taste of your lips even after two years. And even though I'm told I will have to wait to have you, I can't help but break the rules."

He sniffs and places kisses on my neck as my heart shatters every second.

Not again. I'll die if this happens again.

"Are you still a virgin Akshara? Please tell me you didn't give yourself to that filthy husband of yours. I want to be the first one to take you Akshara" he says as he bites my shoulder and tears away the dress of my sleeve.

My entire body goes numb. I know this feeling, I have lived it before.

"I couldn't claim you last time Akshara, this time nobody can stop me" he says as he unzips his pants and pushes my dress up and his hand crawls up my leg.

I wish someone would kill me right here.

Bang!

The door opens with a loud noise and my eyes come in direct contact with...Abhimanyu's.

Abhimanyu

I look around for Akshara but she's nowhere to be seen. I just went to attend a call for 5 minutes and she found a way to irritate me again.

"She went that side" Myra tells me as she points to the direction of the exit gate "Ashkara di went that side" she mispronounces Akshara's name and I smile a little.

I thank her and look for Akshara. God this woman is a pain. I wish I could get rid of her somehow!

I walk around but I see her nowhere. Suddenly I see the muddy imprints of someone's shoes leading up faintly towards the store rooms.