Chapter 46

Akshara

I look at the parcel that was delivered a few minutes ago and my heart is full of love and happiness.

It's been more than a week since we returned from Bali but looking at these huge frames with photos from our trip takes me back to those eight days of ecstasy and overwhelming love.

None of us wanted to come back but Abhimanyu couldn't leave the business unattended for any longer and so we returned to Mumbai with a heavy heart but with the promise that we'll soon take another trip. And this time it would be Paris!

During a random conversation during the trip, I had told him the significance of that place ever since I visited it with my mother and he was really guilty that he had somewhat spoiled those memories.

"I'll make you relive your most cherished memories and give you a hundred new ones that you won;t forget for life" he had said as he kissed me.

I smile as I look at the photo frame of Abhimanyu and me, it was taken on the day when we had gone to the Hawaiian party and we're looking at each other like we'd start making love then and there.

This would look amazing on the master wall of our bedroom!

Just as I pick the frame and climb two steps on the staircase, suddenly, the world starts spinning and I lose my balance.

The frame falls to the ground and the glass shatters into pieces while I hold on to the railing for support but my grip loosens up and I faintly remember falling on the shattered glass...

Abhimanyu

"But why?" I scream and slap my hand on the table and Lavanya and Rehan look at me, no longer stunned by my reaction. '

A week ago, just as I was about to surprise Akshara by extending our Bali trip, I got a message from Rehan that they had found an important connection between Raj Goenka and AL Samay.

We came back to Mumbai the same day and ever since, I have been pulling my hair, trying to find more information.

Lavanya had a breakthrough when she found out that Raj Shekhar Goenka has an access account on the ALS/0049/22 software.

Which could mean only two things-

Either Raj Goenka is working for AL Samay in some manner or that he was given this software to use for one of his companies.

Both these things point to one direction, that Raj Goenka is involved in something shady and illegal and he has the support of one of the most powerful men in all of Dubai.

Out of the six companies owned by Goenka Industries, we've carefully gathered information on all but there is no record or proof of anything wrong within any of them.

I've gone through those files over and over again in the past one week. Akshara, in fact, has no clue that every night after she falls asleep, I go to my study and go through these files till the sun rises again.

I feel utterly helpless at the moment because now that I know Raj Goenka isn't in this alone, I am frightened.

Yes, I haven't admitted it to anybody, but I truly am scared. For Akshara, for Ayush, for our little family, and even Rehan and everyone from my security team.

Raj Shekhar Goenka, I can handle. But this is beyond him. Too much power is involved and if I'm not careful, I could lose everything. Again.

"Sir, your appointment with Mr. Daksh Anand is in 10 minutes" Shelly's voice is heard through the telecom and Lavanya and Rehan nod and leave my cabin.