Chapter 8

Abhimanyu

I get dressed up in my three-piece suit and notice that the suite is really quiet.

Thank God!

Just then, my side of the bathroom door closes with a thud, the sound piercing my eyes and making me cringe.

Spoke too soon!

I quickly put my laptop and files in my bag before knocking at the bathroom door.

"I'm leaving" I say, irritated by the humming sound. This woman can't keep quiet even while taking a shower!

When I hear no response, I knock at it again and this time way louder. "I said I'm leaving"

"So what should I do? Escort you to your car?" she says and my blood boils.

My initial plan had been simple. Take over Goenka Industries, make Raj Shekhar Goenka helpless to the extent where he begs me to spare him, make his daughter my personal assistant and make her life hell to further pressurize her father meanwhile collecting proofs that he murdered my father and when they lose every inch of their self respect, put that man into jail and watch his daughter live on the streets!

But the Sinhas changed everything! I couldn't let Akshara marry another man otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make her pay. And considering the pathetic love story going on between her and the son of Sinha, he would've become an obstacle in my path of revenge.

So I had to marry her! I hate myself for doing that, it's like I betrayed my family by getting anywhere close to the daughter of the man who destroyed everything. But I had to do it.

And now that she's my so-called wife, I will make her life a living hell!

Well my mother didn't raise me to ever lay a hand on a woman forcefully, let alone hit her.

I'd never do that to Akshara no matter how much I hate her.

But every second of every day, I'll make sure she pays for the sins of her father. Starting today!

I will break her, bit by bit, till she can't take it anymore and goes running to that pathetic father of hers.

With this thought, I leave the suite and close the door with a louder bang just so she knows I'm not the one she should mess with!

Akshara

Bang!

The loud thud of the main door sends a shiver down my spine. Had I not known what a monster my so-called husband is, I would have thought an earthquake hit us.

It was that loud!

At least he's out and I can have some time to myself. In peace.

I wear my bathrobe and I step into the kitchen to pour myself a hot cup of coffee.

Just as I'm about to head to my room, an idea pops into my head.

What would be better than enjoying my coffee while looking at the Eiffel Tower? I mean the monster's not here, he wouldn't get to know, right?

I step into his room and regret not fighting more for it. It's like stepping into a mini paradise!

I take a seat at the couch and place my legs on top of his table.

Huh. Feels nice.

I open my phone and drop another text to Ayush. He did not reply to my last text and I understand this is all really confusing for him.