Chapter 14

Disclaimer: The following chapter talks about sensitive issues like abuse and violence. Please read only if you are comfortable.

Akshara

Do you remember your first kiss?

I know I do.

It was the most disgusting, humiliating and shattering moment of my life.

Two years ago

I walk up to our guest and greet him.

He smiles at me and kisses my cheek and I feel a little weird.

He's dad's friend, so he probably thinks of me as his daughter, I tell myself.

Dad is in a meeting, Sandeep Uncle, he said he'll join you soon.

"I know Akshara" he smiles and walks up to the bar at the back of the living room.

"Can you get me a glass please?" He asks and I nod and fetch him one.

He pours some whiskey in his glass and for some reason I feel like I should leave.

I turn around when I hear him "Akshara wait"

"Yes uncle?"

"Why don't you give me company till your father comes" he says and against my better judgement, I nod.

If I disrespect his guest, my father will beat me again.

I take a seat at the couch opposite to his.

"What do you desire, Akshara? What is something that you really want?"

Freedom. I answer in my head.

"Uh... nothing uncle. My father gets me everything."

"Don't lie to me Akshara, I know the truth." He looks into my eyes and I know he knows.

I stay quiet but a tear rolls down my cheek.

He gets up and sits next to me.

I shift a bit to create distance but he places a hand on my thigh and stops me.

He wipes my tear with his hand and caresses my cheek.

I feel unsafe at that very moment and I get up immediately.

"Uncle, I need to go to my friend's place, she's waiting for me" I say and turn around but he grabs my hand.

"What about me Akshara, I'm waiting too" he whispers and I feel the cold vibe surrounding me.

"I-uh-I.."

"I asked you a question, Akshara. Now I'll tell you my answer" he turns me towards him. "I desire something badly...and now I want it"

He grabs my waist with one hand and pulls me against his body. I smell the alcohol in his breath and it cringes me out.

"Uncle please let me go" I cry as I struggle to get free from his grip.

"Shh... the more you struggle, the more painful it will be Akshara. I'll make you forget your sorrows, I will give you pleasures you haven't imagined" he says and starts kissing my neck as I cry out.

His hand grabs my hair and he raises my chin and that's when I lose my dream.

My first kiss.