Chapter 18- Jack of Spades

Chapter Description: With Stiles rapidly dying Scott turns to another way to save him.

Scott sat in the waiting room, bouncing his leg nervously. Sam brought him a cup of coffee.

"I don't even know if you drink coffee or not," Sam said, "But I brought you some."

"Thanks, Sam," Scott said, accepting the cup although it wasn't needed, "You contacted Stiles's dad?"

"Yeah," Sam sighed, "He's on his way."

"Scott."

He turned to see his mother walking up. Scott got up and walked to her.

"Hey, how is he," Scott asked.

"It's hard to say," Melissa started.

Scott heard her heart beat shift slightly.

"Mom, please," Scott said, "I need the truth. Even if it hurts."

"Not so good," Melissa said, honestly, "He's been through the wringer and he might not make it. His organs are barely functioning on their own."

Scott crouched and covered his mouth as tears burst through his eyes. His best friend, his brother, his partner in crime, was going to die. Scott didn't realize Noah had arrived or was hugging him tightly until he looked up and saw the sheriff comforting him in his arms.

"Stiles... He might..."

"I know," Noah said, trying to hold back his own tears, "I was told already."

Scott wasn't the religious type. Although he's met an angel and the fallen archangel already he still didn't believe that God cared or listened. But someone out there had to be listening right? Someone had to care enough to save Stiles. So Scott said a silent prayer asking someone to save his best friend's life.

Stiles heard a gentle voice egging him to open his eyes. But he wanted to sleep though. Stiles shuffled and turned over.

"Hey, open your eyes. I have to make sure you're okay."

Stiles groaned frustratedly and opened his eyes finally. He saw a blonde young man standing there grinning at him.

"So it did work," the young man said, "You're Stiles right?"

"Who are you," Stiles asked groggily.

"My name's Jack," Jack smiled warmly.

"Mhm," Stiles hummed, "What do you need, Jack?"

Jack tilted his head curiously. He placed his hand on Stiles's neck.

"Maybe you need more healing," Jack said.

"Are you an angel," Stiles asked.

"No, Stiles. I'm Nephilim," Jack said as the world shut off from Stiles's consciousness again.

Melissa was stunned by Stiles's sudden healthy nature. She's seen a lot of unexplainable things in her time in Beacon Hills but still, Stiles was completely healthy after he was well... Dead was still shocking to her.

"Thanks, Ms. McCall," Stiles smiled.

"You sure you're feeling okay," Melissa asked, feeling Stiles's forehead like a concerned mother.

"Yeah. I feel great," Stiles said.

"Okay. If you feel odd at all comeback, alright," Melissa said, "I mean that."

"I know," Stiles said, "Thanks."

"Anytime," Melissa said.

Stiles left the hospital and got in his father's car. Noah looked at his son and wrapped his arm around his neck gently to kiss him on the head.

"I'm glad you're okay, Stiles," Noah said.

"So am I," Stiles said, thinking about the dream of the Nephilim he met named Jack.

He'd have to ask the brothers about Nephilim later. Right now he was exhausted and had school tomorrow.