Chapter 45- Fiancé

Warnings: Sexual Content; Mentions of Major Depression

Chapter Description: When Elijah makes a call back home, Cora learns something new about the elder Mikaelson that intrigues her curiosity.

Cora threw a punch at Elijah only for him to block her hit... again. She growled and aimed her claws at his neck. Elijah grabbed her wrist and flipped her on her back. She grunted and painfully got up.

"We should stop for today," Elijah smiled, "Allow your body to heal itself."

Cora grumbled bitterly under her breath as she went to take a shower. Elijah went to grab his phone off the charger and dialed a contact number. It rang a few times before he received a response.

"Hello?"

"Damon, it's Elijah..."

"Where the hell are you," Damon hissed, "I was told you were going to be helping out some kid and coming back. Yet when I got home from visiting Stefan you were nowhere to be seen! You had me worried sick, you know that...?"

"I'm sorry, dear," Elijah said, "I know I had you worried..."

"I wasn't finished," Damon hissed.

"Continue," Elijah said, feeling his body relax knowing nothing between them changed.

Damon smiled since he could hear Elijah relax at his voice. Even though he sounded pissed off. He slowly forgot why he was angry in the first place.

"When are you coming home," Damon asked, his voice gentle, "I miss you oddly enough. You and my other siblings."

"Not sure," Elijah said, "We miss you too though. Did you have another therapy session yet?"

"No," Damon said, "Been busy."

Damon started attending therapy shortly after Klaus began working to heal his past trauma. Over the courses he's learned that he has major depression and possibly anxiety. It wasn't as bad as Klaus's diagnosis but it was still enough to cause issues for everyday living. And definitely worth seeking treatment for as well.

"You have to..."

"I know," Damon interrupted, rolling his eyes, "I just much rather you be there when I do go. You know I have trust issues."

"Yeah, I know," Elijah smiled.

Cora walked into the room with Elijah fully dressed.

"Hey, Elijah, quick question," Cora said, "Would my hair look good if I shaved the sides of it off but left the middle alone?"

"WHO THE HELL IS THAT," Damon shouted from the other side of the line.

The shout however was loud enough for even Cora to hear, making give a questioning look at Elijah.

"A friend, Damon," Elijah reasoned.

"WHY HAVEN'T I MET THIS FRIEND," Damon asked, still shouting, "I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME, ELIJAH!!!!!"

"You are my fiancé and the more incredible man I've ever dated," Elijah said, "Now stop all that shouting and nonsense before I come back and give you a reason to shout. Understood?"

The line went quiet.

"Yes sir," Damon breathed.

"Good," Elijah said, "Also yes, the haircut would look good on you, Cora."

"I should go, Elijah," Damon said.

"Damon..."

"I know," Damon said, "I know you aren't. I just have to... Take care of something."

"What is it," Elijah asked.

"Something hard and throbbing..."

"Oh," Elijah said, receiving mental images, "Alright but before you go. Send me proof after you're done."

Damon smiled. As his hand started traveling to his jeans.

"I'll talk to you later, babe," Damon said.

"I love you, Damon," Elijah said.

"I love you too."

Cora looked intrigued.

"You're engaged to a... A man," Cora asked.

"Yes," Elijah said, "Why?"

"I didn't take you to be... Gay," Cora said.

"I'm bisexual actually," Elijah said, "But yes. My fiancé is a male vampire."

"Can you tell me about him," Cora asked, interested in hearing something about her roommate, "If you'd like? I feel like I don't know anything about you so..."

"No need to explain yourself, Cora," Elijah said, "I usually enjoy talking about him amongst friends. Also he loves it when I brag about him anyway."

Cora smiled and sat down on her bed, waiting for him to start.