Greens vs Blacks

When her family returned a week later, she wasn't expecting Daemon and his twin daughters with Lady Laena to be joining them. But by the looks on everyone's face something happened. "Really? We can't even respect the dead without something happening?" Eowyn was passed a piece of parchment which had been delivered by Raven to Driftmark. Ser Harwin Strong had died in a fire and automatically she looked at her brothers and mouthed the word 'I'm sorry' to the eldest two. Eowyn's eyes scanned the crowd looking for her father and Rhaenyra took her into another room. She told her daughter the truth, that she had allowed him to run off with his lover under the pretence he had died. It was disgusting. It made her almost look at her mother differently and then it clicked. "You married Uncle Daemon?" Her mother nodded; how could a simple trip turn into such a scandal. "He's my true father, isn't he?" There was a hesitation but then someone answered but it wasn't Rhaenyra. 

Stood in the doorway was Daemon, finally entering the room. "I didn't know about you. And even if I did, your mother was betrothed." Eowyn shook her head and went to leave the room, but her mother gently captured her arm. "There's something else though. Your Uncle Aemond claimed Vhagar. There was a fight between the children, and he was maimed. War is coming. I don't know when, but you must prepare yourself child."

Things were silent, the family seemed to be safe stuck out here in Dragonstone. More years passed and then one day a raven came from Kings Landing. Eowyn was interrupted in her studies by her mother and Daemon who had tried to play doting father since they married. "I'm sorry daughter. I was hoping to keep you away from this wicked game. But my father, your grandsire – he has a proposition." The parchment was passed to her and while she read it, she felt sick.

"No doubt that cunt of a Queen has been in my brothers' ear." Daemon muttered under his breath, and it made Eowyn laugh softly. She had his temper, only she had said similar sentiments in her head and not out loud. She was given options at least. The maimed Prince that hated her family or the other Prince who had been living in Oldtown all these years under the Hightowers influence. He would be a mini-Otto and that thought made her groan. But this arrangement could stop the war and she knew she had to sacrifice her own happiness for her families' lives. 

"I'll do it. But I want to speak to Viserys first." They nodded their heads. All they wanted was their daughter's happiness but now she was about to be married to someone she would hate. She would make the worst wife ever.

Over the following weeks ravens flew back and forth from Kings Landing to Dragonstone. If she was going to be forced to marry someone, they would have to be able to do everything she could do and more. There was to be a fortnight of tourneys, different skills would be put to the test. Sparring, riding, shooting. It was going to be torturous for the two suitors, but it would help her decide the best out of a bad bunch.

Her mother had commission various dresses and outfits to be made for her daughters visit to Kings Landing. All eyes would be on her and house Velaryon. And the tourney's started on her eight and ten name day. She did remarkably well to get to this age without being forced into a marriage already. But now her days were numbered. Like a lamb to the slaughter. The whole family arrived at Kings Landing a week before everything was due to begin. Eowyn didn't want to meet her suitors beforehand, she wanted to see them complete her tasks first.