Sea of snakes

The journey was expected to take three days and already Aemond was sick of the Captain and his men. He saw the way they all looked at Eowyn, the way they all couldn't stop staring. Even Cregan was getting annoyed with them.

"Please behave, it is just three short days." Eowyn whispered to both men who were sat at her table, their body language giving away their displeasure of being here. "And I doubt you will be needing that when we arrive." Her head nodded over at Cregan's furs who seemed so shocked that she would even suggest he take them off. "I think you underestimate the heat from Dorne."

"And what about you two? How well will you two deal, in your various black and red outfits." He chuckled softly as Aemond was about to argue before he glanced down and noticed his signature black leathers to which he shrugged his shoulders.

"We are dragon blood. A little heat is nothing to us." He boasted proudly, Eowyn was less convinced, and she shook her head quickly. She knew the heat would affect them all. It would be unbearable. "But if it means being able to see my wife dressed like the women in Dorne. I say bring on the heat." Of course he momentarily forgot about the history between Cregan and Eowyn and there was a bit of an awkward silence before the shipmates distracted them all by shouting about an incoming storm.

The next hours were hell. The ship was battered in the rough waves, it was enough to turn the most experienced sailor seasick. It would be a miracle if they all survived the night. But the storm broke almost as quickly as it had surprised them. Thankfully, there was minimal damage and few shipmates lost. So, they settled for a calm and quiet nights rest. Hopefully tomorrow would be a better day on the seas.

When dawn broke the ship was bustling with sailors and Eowyn already hated the fact that she wouldn't be getting any rest once again. Cregan's snores and Aemond's stillness beside her annoyed her greatly. How could they sleep so peacefully in such conditions. With a groan she quietly climbed from the bed she shared, grabbing a change of clothes and escaping the room without waking them both and eventually changing in a tiny corner to achieve the privacy she wished for. She wore a light blue dress, the silk long and flowing and the sea air helped deliver a cool breeze to her skin in the heat. The closer they got to Dorne, the hotter it became and she was already struggling.

When she walked out onto the main ship her eyes glimmered at the beautiful sight before her, ocean for miles on every side of her and the calm blue waters were so clear she saw various fish and creatures she would probably never see in her lifetime again. She could feel someone's presence now stood beside her, turning to see the oldest man she had ever seen. "Can I help you, sir?" When he didn't look at her instantly she realised he was blind and her gut ached for him having to miss such a beautiful sight.

"Maybe I can help you, the captain picked me up back in Casterly Rock. The Lannister's kept me around because of my gift. Now I'm used as fun for the crew." His hands held onto the railing tightly and she turned more to face him, he definitely had piqued her curiosity.

"And what gift might that be?" As she was speaking to this man she finally saw that Aemond and Cregan had emerged from the rooms too, she offered them both a gentle smile before her attention fell back onto the older gentleman and he was chuckling softly.

"You love them both. Well, one will always have more of your heart. But you hold love for them both." He never moved, noticed their arrival or broke his concentration. Eowyn's eyes observed his face properly, his eyes a milky white and clearly he had lost his ability of sight, so how did he know? "I heard your heartbeat increase. And my gift you see, I guess you would call me a seer. Ironic, isn't it?"

Her stomach hit a deep pit at the mention of being a seer, visions or gifts that Alys had once shared with her. "I have bad history with people like you. But maybe you can help me after all. Do you know why they took my son?"