A new hope

Eowyn was the last to wake the following morning, having the best night's sleep she had managed to have in over a year. Since before the dragon dreams had started, which she knew came from baby Aemond as she hadn't had any since he was born. The children were already gone with the maids when she could hear water splashing in the next room, not wanting to stay in an empty bed much longer she followed the sounds. Her heart sank when she caught sight of Aemond's bloodied back, he had been through hell. She gently moved to sit by the tub, reaching for the cloth and carefully washing him and making sure not to catch his already sensitive skin. "You're supposed to be resting and already you are trying to do much."

"I have to attend the small council; I have to face my dear sister when she arrives and let her know that her husband didn't achieve what she wanted. He may have killed my dragon, but I killed him." She swallowed the lump in her throat, not wanting to imagine the fight between her father and husband any longer. It was a miracle Aemond was here. Her mother wouldn't feel the same.

"Jace died in the North. A triarchy fleet. I just hope she received the raven because the one about Helaena never arrived for me." She whispered softly; she didn't mean to show her empathy for her mother but at the end of the day she was still her family.

"So, is that why you took Stark to your bed?" He asked, annoyed at her for showing love for her mother after everything she had done. Whether she had caused it indirectly or not. Eowyn tensed, not answering his question as she rubbed the dried blood and dirt from his arms. "Don't do that. We need to talk about it."

"Talk about what? What would you like to know, husband? How his touch felt? How he helped numb my pain or the fact that I enjoyed it? Do you like knowing about how another man made your wife reach her climax? Twice." She was annoyed with every word. Aemond always seemed to want to argue with her, the pair not knowing how to communicate in a healthy way due to their messed-up upbringing. And she knew her words would piss him off, but sometimes his anger was the only response she would get.

He grabbed at her wrist harshly, making her drop the cloth before he pulled her into the tub. Her nightgown clinging to her body as she glared at him as he held onto her. "Remember your place, wife!"

"Is that beneath you or Cregan?" His grip grew tighter, and she knew already she had pushed it too far. Aemond would never physically hurt her, but that didn't mean he wouldn't use his anger in other ways. He was quick to pin her over the edge of the tub, pulling her right arm up behind her back and holding her down against the tiles. It hurt but she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of letting him know that. Her stubbornness would get her killed one day.

"It seems someone needs a lesson." She was about to make another comment but before she could even open her mouth, she felt him pull at the soaked fabric and he gripped it with his other hand up by her waist. "The maids whisper about how you were going to marry my brother. Do you truly believe any man, but I will own you?" Fuck. She was going to tell him about that, how her brain had led her heart in that decision, but of course mindless gossip had found him first. His body was now pressed against hers and her heart was beating maniacally in her chest.

"No one will ever have me. I'm yours." She managed to whisper out, her whole body on fire as his fingers teased her. His touch was the one she always craved and now he was back. She didn't know how to react, already moaning and writhing against him so her ass could grind back against him and as soon as he grew hard a smirk grew across her lips. "You should be resting. The maestors will not be happy."

"Fuck the maestors. I've been away from your pretty cunt for too long." He kept her arm pinned against her back, still wanting to punish her for her comments and remind her who was the boss in this situation. It would always be him. His head lowered down, to place kisses against her neck – his cracked lips tenderly touching her flesh. She was already coming apart against him, her moans growing louder in anticipation. He thought about making her beg, not giving into her until she was crying for him, but he needed her just as bad. A whole year apart, not even being able to relieve himself. He was desperate for her tightness. But he also wanted to see her face, count his blessings he was reunited with his true love. "If I let you enjoy this, are you going to be a good girl?" She nodded her head quickly, almost giving herself whiplash. Silently pleading for him to be inside of her.