The doting daughter

It had been four months since her children had returned home and they had grown so quickly, now over a year old they were just starting to run around and honestly, Eowyn needed eyes in the back of her head. Which is why she was so thankful for all the extra help she received, whether it was from Alicent, Helaena or Belladonna. Even Ben was seen with the children more often. Aemond and Aegon had been busy with the small council most days, but they made sure to have dinner as a family every night and it felt great. Like they were a proper family for once. That night during dinner a raven had arrived mid lunch but one of the guards had brought the news to the King anyway. He read the parchment and then passed it straight to Aemond and his one eye glare at the letter had given away his frustrations, so Eowyn had left the children with their grandmother and moved to snatch the letter from his hand. Her eyes nearly doubling in size as she saw the words, it was from her mother. She had agreed to meet with Aegon and Aemond, but she refused to do it without Daemon. Daemon was a wild card. But she told herself this was good; they were willing to meet. To listen.

Aegon reached for her hand to calm her before Aemond did and even though he glared at his brother he let him have his moment. "When do they arrive? The letter does not say." She looked down at Aegon and forced out a smile, she was worried and there was no hiding her emotions from the brothers. They both knew her too well.

"In two days', time. Then they have a week to think over our offer and we meet with them again to see what they've decided. War or peace." Eowyn gave his hand a gentle squeeze before she nodded at them both and returned to her children. Her hand settled on her tiny bump as she sat back by the twins, helping them with their food as Alicent read to them.

The two days went by painfully slow; the only joy came from spending time with the children and on the day of the arrival. Eowyn was a nervous wreck; she was pacing the hall until Aemond moved to stand in front of her and his arms managed to give her some comfort as he held her. "It will be okay. Whatever happens, I promise to protect you and the children." She sighed softly; it wasn't her death she saw. Or her children's, it was always Aemond's. Even now, the dreams came – less frequently than before but they were there. Their unborn child plaguing her dreams with their visions.

There was a distant roar heard in the skies of Kings Landing and her heart sank more, she knew it was Caraxes and her parents were nearly here. She rushed to change into another dress, this one was made of silk and had the famous black and red colours of house Targaryen. He helped with her corset, not wanting to tie it too tightly over her growing bump and he kissed her neck gently in an attempt to calm her. But the castle walls shaking meant they had landed, and the meeting was about to happen. Alicent, Belladonna and Helaena stayed in the Kings chambers surrounded by numerous guards as Ben was by Eowyn's side as she, Aemond and Aegon greeted Rhaenyra and Daemon.

"Daughter." Her mother called out and honestly, Eowyn's legs nearly carried her to her. Desperate for her mother's affection and warmth but she gripped onto Aemond's shirt in an attempt to steady herself. Her mother looked exhausted, heavy bags beneath her eyes as she wore a crown last seen on King Viserys head. Daemon of course didn't greet her, he just leant against dark sister with a emotionless expression. "You look well. I hear you are a mother now, I'm glad. Nothing can compare to a child's love."

"Well thanks to you both, I never found that out until later." She could never forgive the death of her child and she knew her mother would never forget about Luke either. Too much innocent blood had already been spilled over this game of thrones. She just wished for it all to be over, but life would never be that simple.

"I'm sorry for the pain you must have felt, the pain was never meant for you." Her mothers' eyes now glared at her younger brother, Aemond. "Your child was barely formed. Mine was four and ten. Barely a man and you took him from me."