A mothers love

As soon as her eyes laid on the children in her chambers they filled with tears, they were all so big now. Baelon and Aemma were talking, even speaking in High Valyrian – Aegon had been teaching them, so they were far from experts. And Aemond, he was so big now. She cuddled with the twins, letting them squeeze the dear life out of her before she picked up Aemond, she kissed his beautiful face and when he giggled her heart could have stopped. Aegon stood by the door, just watching the scene before him and he was in a dreamworld.

"If you won't be marrying Stark. Marry me. We could live here, with the children and with your mother. I promise I would be a good husband to you." He carefully approached her, and when the children saw him, they excitedly ran to him too. Her eyes watched curiously; he had become their father figure. Aemma held her arms up until he picked her up and she whispered into his ear. "You want me to tell you a story? Okay, how about I tell you a story about your father. The hero of the seven kingdoms?" The twins clapped excitedly and Baelon had ran to bed, this was clearly a daily routine. Aegon read them bedtime stories, about Aemond.

He began to read, and she sat in the chair and rocked Aemond in her arms as she watched them all. She thought about his proposal, something she never even considered when she returned home. But in all of the mess, it made sense. "Okay. I'll marry you." He nearly dropped the book, his smile fixed on his face as he continued to read to them. "But there will be no more children. I will bear no more heirs." She whispered, not wanting to disturb the children's story time but he simply nodded his head at her words. The thought of laying with him turned her stomach, although she had forgiven him for the physical damage she knew when it came to that time there would be a lot of scars to heal before they could move forward. The children fell asleep listening to stories of their father and the great dragon Vhagar and how he loved his warrior princess. Her stomach twisted at the memories of his touch, his love. Although she had felt a spark with Cregan that night, nothing could compare to the lightening that Aemond brought. After holding the babe for a while longer he had fallen asleep in her arms, so she carefully laid him back in his crib. Aegon waiting for her by the door. "But not anytime soon."

He chuckled softly, she had so many terms and conditions. It would have probably been easier for Aegon to start fresh with someone new, but he felt his heart would always want for Eowyn. When they returned to the hall, Cregan was sat with Ben eating some lunch while Alicent was sending a raven to Rhaenyra. She hoped her old best friend would come and take the throne. Her stolen birth right. This was the happiest that Cregan had ever seen Eowyn and he knew when he told her about her husband, he would lose her completely. But he wanted her to have that happiness. She had barely sat next to Ben before Aegon had proposed a toast. "To the Lady Eowyn who has just agreed to be my future bride." Eowyn shot him daggers and Cregan looked straight at her, she was making a big mistake.

"A word?" Cregan whispered and she shook her head quickly, she knew he was going to ask about that night. Want some kind of clarification on what had happened, and she honestly had no answer for him. A moment of weakness? A lapse in her better judgement? He reached for her hand to get her attention, but she quickly pulled it back. "This isn't me being jealous. You just can't marry Aegon. Trust me."

"Why not? Please, give me one good reason why I shouldn't? Perhaps you think I should marry you instead?" He groaned in annoyance before he moved from his seat, excusing himself from the table and leaving. Eowyn quickly finished her wine before offering a warm smile to Aegon and Ben to let them know not to worry about it. The rest of the meal went without any issues, Alicent wasn't too happy about Aegon's proposal, but she thought it was a good match. She had seen the change in her son these last couple of years, he had finally grown into the man she wanted him to be so she knew he would be a good husband and father. But she hurt for him because she knew Eowyn would never love him, her heart died with Aemond. Just like Alicent had never truly loved Viserys, it was his daughter she longed for.