Chapter 24

"Have you seen Gracie?" Steve ask Clint.
"Last I saw she wondered off into the forest" Clint replies.
"Thanks" Steve says as he heads out to find you.
"Gracie?" He says as he approaches you "What you doing out here alone?"
"Now you care" you whisper to yourself.
"Hey look at me" Steve says crouching in front of you as he lifts your head so you're looking at him.
"I'm sorry I pushed you away. Yes I saw Peggy in my vision" Steve starts to say.
"Of course you did" you try to look down but Steve stops you and he can see the tears in your eyes.
"It wasn't like that Gracie, yes I saw Peggy but she was telling me you died and that it was my fault" his breathe hitches.
"What?" you ask confused.
"It was my worst fear, you dying because I let you out on the field and I couldn't protect you" he says tears now forming in his eyes.
"Oh Stevie, why didn't you just tell me instead of letting me think the worse" you say.
"Because I'm an idiot" he smiles at you and you laugh "Come on" he says helping you up and bringing you into a hug.

You're all sat in the kitchen talking with Nick when Clint's little girl comes up to you and gives you a picture.
"Thank you" you smile at her.
"Can you come and play with us?" She asks and you glance to Clint who nods.
"You know what this is pretty boring let's go" you whisper and smile at her as she takes your hand.
"Catch me up later" you whisper to Steve as you leave.

"I will come with you" you say to Nick who said he will drop Bruce back at the tower.
"Be careful" you give Steve a quick kiss and turn to Tony.
"I don't want a kiss" he smirks at you.
"Asshole" you smile at him and give him a hug.

"So they got Nat" you sigh
"She's gotta be alive otherwise Ultron would be rubbing it on our faces" Tony says.
"This is sealed tight" Clint says hopping down from the cradle.
"We're gonna need to access the programme break it down from within" Bruce says.
"Any chance Natasha might leave you a message outside the internet? Old school spy stuff?" Tony asks.
"There are some nets I can cast" Clint replies "Yeah I'll find her"

"I can work on tissue degeneration if you can fry whatever operational system Cho implanted" Bruce says.
"Yeah about that" Tony says and gives you guys both a looks
"Tony no" you say
"No" Bruce says
"You have to trust me" Tony replies
"Kind of don't" Bruce answers back
"I mean I do but no" you say
"Our alley the guy protecting the military nuclear codes, I found him" Tony says displaying a projection.

"JARVIS" you gasp.
"Ultron didn't go after JARVIS because he was angry, he attacked him because he was scared of what he can do, so JARVIS went underground, scattered, dumped his memory, but not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there until I pieced him together." Tony says
"Should've known JARVIS wasn't that easy to take down" you reply.

"So you want us to help you put JARVIS in this thing" Bruce looks between the two of you.
"No of course not... I wanna help you guys put JARVIS in this thing" Tony responds and you roll your eyes at him.
"We're out of my field here. Bruce you know bio organics better than anyone" Tony smiles at him.
"And you just assume that JARVIS's operational matrix can beat Ultron?" Bruce questions
"I mean I think he can" you smile at the pair.

"JARVIS has been beating him from inside without knowing it" Tony responds
"He does have a point" you look at Bruce
"This is the perfect opportunity. We can create Ultron's perfect self, without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality, we have to" Tony states.

"I believe it's worth a go" JARVIS says.
"I mean we already fucked up with Ultron can this one be any worse?" You semi laugh looking at Bruce.
"I'm caught in a time loop this is exactly where it all went wrong" Bruce protests
"I know I know what everyone's gonna say. We're mad scientists. We're monsters buddy. We gotta own it. Make a stand" Tony holds Bruce by the shoulder.
"Well I say fuck it, let's do it" you shout and Tony smiles at you.