Raven's childhood days

4 years later...

There's a toddler crimson mermaid swims in the ocean with her mother. They stop at the boulder until a seagull landed on her mother's head. The toddler crimson mermaid gazes at the seagull until-

Toddler crimson mermaid speaks, "Hi, I'm Raven Rin."

Raven's mother chuckles, "We don't have any power to have conversation with these beings... We have to visit your father."

Raven neutrally said, "Oke."

They dive back on the water and swim together while holding their hands. Hours later, they arrived in the Zuzu city.

Raven's father was on the rest house. It's also a hiding place for a Sakura soldier like him.

Back then,

Mr. Rin was gazing, standing on his house. Until, he got surprised. Little Raven with her mother rise their heads on the water and look at him. He felt so happy while approaching at them on the lake.

"Is this our child, right now?" Mr. Rin asked happily

"Yes, I thought that I'll bear hundreds of roes." His mermaid wife said nervously

"I really wait for you for years! I missed you so much. Welcome home, Raven." Mr. Rin said

Minutes later, Raven's father prepared his camera. He take a shot with Raven and her mermaid mother.

A great surprise made Raven's parents shocked about their child. Raven didn't accidentally turned into a human form. During their moment, they became more happy. Within one year, Mr. Rin spent his life peacefully with Mrs. Pearl and Raven in his rest house.

One day, the couples sat on the lake while Raven was busy to watch his koi fishes in the garden.

Pearl speaks, "I didn't expect for this wonderful life, Rin. Within one year, I experienced to be a good mother living in this peaceful place with you."

"*Smiles joyfully* The only problem is when I get old. You told me that your race have immortality once they have their true love. Except, that 8 years lifespan..." Rin said

Pearl lowers her head in frustration and said, "Speaking, our race was going to extinct because of 8 years lifespan curse. Those of our unmarried merpeople are dying. The nature in the ocean was calling us to repopulate."

Rin looks at her and said, "No... Don't leave, Pearl. You're living with joy with our daughter. No harm, no predation, or even life pressures. Unless, we're in hide place offered by Ferngill's will for saving lives of their soldiers." Rin convinced

Pearl didn't respond until she wait for the night.

Soon at Raven's birthday at Summer 1, Rin went on the city to buy Raven's present. While he's gone, Pearl sensed dangerous people far away from his home. It's a Gotoro soldiers disguised as civilians. It's because her chance to leave, she get Raven on the rest house.

"Mom, where are we going?" Raven asked neutrally

"We're..." Pearl was nervous

When she look at Rin's dad on the picture, she gets it and hides it by her power.

She had an idea while faking a smile, "-going to your grandpa in the valley. Let's go."

Raven sensed her mother's intense feelings while leaving the rest house. Raven shifts back as a mermaid until she swims again with her mother in the lake.

Pearl tried to sense Rin's dad and she follows the scent with Raven. Then, they took days to swim back to the ocean again.

On next day, Pearl and Raven arrives on Stardew Valley. They swim under the water way towards the wilderness farm. When arrived, they saw Rin's father with his wife. They look old but strong couples.

"Here, honey. Wipe your sweat. It's hot sunny day." Rin's mother said while handing the towel

Suddenly, she gasps softly until Rin's father glances off. They look scared but they tried to calm themselves. Raven turns into a human form and stand on the land while her mother sits besides her. She gets the picture and gives it to Rin's father. The old couples look at the picture.

Rin's dad asked, "Why did you have this?"

"I'm his wife who saved him during his fall from war. I've tried my best to arrive here to take care of our daughter. Nature's calling our race and I shouldn't let our daughter involve to this." Pearl said with frustration

The old couples have a little paused and shocked. Afterwards, Rin's dad lifts Raven away from her mother. Her mother didn't say goodbye but only looks at her with anxiety. The toddler Raven looks neutrally and curious when her mother leaves.

"Mom leaves?" Raven was curious

"She's going somewhere, dear. *Unsure* I think she'll get something or visit your father." Rin's mom said

Rin's dad jokes, "Or maybe have another younger sibling soon."

His old wife abruptly pinches his ears,

"Ow-ow-ow!" He shouts

"Come on, there's a little and innocent child here!"

Raven was still neutral, looking at them.