Voice Trauma

Raven's voice narrates, "Welp, Leo proceeds to catch me with his squad. There are many times that they almost got me. Somehow, I break through to escape. Never hoping for others to save me.

Actually, I don't want my family or friends get hurt cuz of me. Back then, the Zuzu syndicates dominated the over criminal rating on the list. My plucked scales already sold for their EMP weapon research.

Until now, they still need it from me. Even so, I'm getting secured while getting famous as a metal rockstar vocalist of the band. Sooner, Terrenz break up with his girlfriend. He saw her cheating by dancing with another guy.

Terrenz got depressed either while Jessie did his job by comfort. It almost quit himself in the band but Jessie encouraged him. So, Terrenz agreed and forget that for a moment by visiting his hometown.

After recovery within a week, he's back to normal. We started to make music cover videos. With his effort from his advanced visual effect skill and techy, he made our band famous in internet.

Pinky was risen from poverty and they transferred with her family to nice apartment in city. The neighbors are nicer now than squatter neighbors.

Furthermore, Jessie got in love and struggled himself just to court a poor pole dancer. By my help, they got married sooner and lived in Zuzu Docks peacefully. Even so, Jessie won't retire from our band.

And me? Just a loner guy here all over again. I spent some time explaining the whole thing to dad. Starting to get abducted by own 2nd boyfriend until leaving Atlantis. About mom, I still memorized the way towards the coral house every visit."

Next year, Raven was now a 3rd year student. Tonight, they're having a great concert somewhere in Zuzu whale platform. The modest stage was prepared for them to sing.

Few minutes later,

Raven sings stringing her electric guitar,

"-Every pour intention ends when the good times start,

Fallin' over everything to reach the first time's spark,

It started under neon lights, and then it all got dark,

I only know how to go too far~!"

Her mermaid voice power suddenly shatters and sparks the stereos. Her band mates suddenly stop playing their instruments. They abruptly hold their ears in agony. Audiences nearby cover their ears. It's no used until people's ears are in agony. Then, the concert stops due to accident.

Later on, in hospital

Raven's fear face makes the producer pity on her.

The producer explained, "Thousands of people including your band mates are deaf right now. As the doctor explained, their eardrums destroyed like they blown up.

Lucky but mysterious when it comes to you. You can still hear anything this time. But I'm accusing those sound operators if they manipulated the stereos. *Sigh* But no need to worry, I'll take my responsibility. I'll use our entire expense for these injuries."

Raven cried painfully, "*Whimpering* I'm truly sorry, sir."

The producer said, "*Pity* There's no need to apologize Raven."

And then, the band's earnings from last concert were entirely used on medical expenses.

Next night, they're sitting at the Crow studio rooftop.

Terrenz said, "*Stumped* Great we don't have earnings after Raven blown up the hole stage."

"We're still thankful that we can still hear unless we wear these." Pinky said

Jessie said, "As disabled person now, I can still continue to play. Thanks to producer, he did a lot of effort. We're too lucky that we have him than others who abused our voices for money."

Raven saddens lowering her head.

"I'm truly sorry guys. I think... I have to quit." Raven said

Her bandmates refused, "No, Raven."

Jessie convinced, "You're still important as vocalist from our band. It's because you're 18 now. You're turning into 19 on Summer. So, your power will enhance sooner."

"Are you frustrated cuz of me?" Raven asked

They shook their heads.

Pinky, "Can you sing us to sleep? Jessie told us that mermaids could able to do that and make a human sleep."

Terrenz covers his ears, "Please just lower your voice."

Raven worriedly said, "But I'm traumatic from my own voice."

They became sad for a moment until Raven gets and strings a guitar and sings. People living nearby those skyscraper buildings fell asleep including her friends. Raven noticed that her voice's range reached the whole grid ball stadium size in city.

In upcoming summer month,

The news of Crow band's discontinuation occurred. Once published on internet and newspapers, their fans are sad and disappointed. Unraveling case didn't solve Raven's situation.

After Raven's birthday, she secretly goes on the club and begin to be a DJ. She never used microphones and never let herself scream. By calm voice, her performance attracts party goers.

Raven just did this because she wants to lure Leo. Even they're done, she wants to change him back than see him being underdog of syndicates. Anyhow, Jessie founds her one night until he follows her.

Once busted, Jessie infuriates while she's lowering her head frustrated.

Inside the DJ private room,

Jessie got disappointed, "You just left the band to sing here and lure him again?!"

Raven explained, "I don't want to see him being chained like a dog. I just... need him to set him free. As I realized for little longer from last time we met, his eyes visioning me his fears. It won't let him quit the gang as he explained to me."

Jessie facepalms and stressed, "It's all because of him? ...I'm disappointed. Fine, meet him again. You deserved to get chased always, right?"

Raven didn't response anymore while Jessie left her.