Modern City of Atlantis

She figured it out it was her mother's roes. Raven swims down and peeks on the roe. A moving embryo makes her chuckles.

"I didn't know that my half sibling is cute." Raven said

"What cute?" Erbil spoke

Erbil was behind her while Raven glances off.

"Uhm..." Raven shocked

"*Compassionate* I've been guarding these roes of ours. *Raises eyebrow* So, you better not be here." Erbil said

Raven silently left the place. She became like a dog outside their coral house. She's looking at the windows while her mother was ignoring her. Raven tears after knowing her mother's current situation with her.

Later at night, Raven lied down on the ocean floor. She used dead shells to lean her head.

Raven's voice narrates, "It's been days of following mom. My friends especially dad was worried about me. I also know that Leo was holding Solar things to disable my mermaid ability to read his eyes. So, I can't see his evil plans.

I wanna tell her that dad needs her presence. But what now? She's shooing me away. I can't drag her out cuz her husband has solar power to end me. My mother was just an ordinary high breed mermaid. Is there any void sea creatures like me?"

Suddenly, a solar sea monster visit and enters the hole. Raven quickly rushed there to fend off her half siblings. Meanwhile, Pearl wakes up with worried face. Then, she wakes her husband.

Raven grasps the huge solar sea monster's nose and push away. They almost have a tag of war but Raven's rage slowly charges her void energy.

Pearl and her husband witnessed how strong Raven was. She pushed her enemy until they're away from the roes. At the end, she swings and throws the monster away. During her exhaustion, Pearl approached worriedly and checks her.

"A-are you okay, Raven?" Pearl asked

"Mom... I thought you abandoning me." Raven said

Erbil said, "It's because you fend the monster who eats your mother's roes, I'll provide you some room. As exchange, you'll defend your half siblings to any monsters as you can."

Raven nods silently while her mom was so worried. Sooner, Erbil left for his work as servant in Atlantis city. Raven and her mom talk inside the coral house.

Pearl apologized, "I'm truly sorry Raven by abandoning you and made you wait outside. I'm proud but worried in every time you fend off those roes."

Raven said, "It's okay mom. That's my only time to spend with you... *Sad* I don't know what's my dad's reaction once I tell this to him?"

Pearl said sadly, "It will make his condition worse. I hate to do this also but as ocean's call... we have to. Even you, you might be once you reached the right age. Also, your 8-year lifespan starts once you turned 18."

Raven got nervous after knowing it.

Pearl added, "I don't know it's a great power blessing by enhancing your abilities and senses. As exchange of that, you will die after 8 years of living.

I remember that day, that I was on the brink of death. I was with your father on one island. He loved me so much until we have you. I thought, humans could bear hundreds of roes. But no. I only bear one roe and protected you so much with care."

Raven touched until she cried in front of her mom.

Raven said, "I thought that I couldn't see you again."

Then Pearl comfort her on her shoulders. Later on, Pearl plans with Raven secretly.

Pearl said, "While Erbil was away, you can do whatever you want. Once he's here all over again, you have to stay inside your room. Lock your door and guard the roes. You didn't know how he gets mad if you made a mistake-"

During her mom's plan, Raven smiles sweetly. Sooner, Erbil decided to take her on the Atlantis. He introduced her to the mermaid school. Few high breed mermaids have solar or ordinary powers.

Random magics and abilities discovered by her from fellow race. Soon at choir, she sings with other mermaids. It's because she has unique scale, the mermaid professor asked her to try a solo song.

She sings her own compose song.

"8 years to swim to escape the darkness,

I had 8 years to live while I'm still in-" Raven interrupted

Their professor said worriedly, "No-no-no, darkness is our nightmare from this generation. You're reminding us of dark age that made entire nation of mermaids traumatized. Your voice is so beautiful and unique too, dear. Somehow, mentioning that word from the song is scary."

Raven smiles like a dumbass again and said, "Oke, professor."

Next days, she visits the place again and tries to study at art school. Later on, she got bored when they are making ocean stones. She mosaics at the stone that made her loss of patience. She expected for academic discussion about history of artifacts.

She left and went back to the choir. Mermaids begin to envy her scale while Raven quietly enjoys the performance. She noticed that her voice is getting louder slowly.

Raven's voice narrated, "I asked mom about my voice. It's such a defected volume that was getting louder and louder.

Mom told me that was enhanced ability of mermaid voice power. It really gets louder when I reached the age of 18. It made her suspicious either because only the Solar princess from royal family could do that."