Fighting Toxicity

Rin and Xiao were only standing between his injured men.

"Onegai, watashi no beibīpāru o toranaide." Rin said

"Hmm what if I don't care? *Chuckles*" Xiao asked back

He gets the solar EMP stick and rolls to his hands. Rin figure it out that his enemy was using EMP. When their fight starts, Xiao waves and tries to hit Rin with the EMP stick. Unfortunately, Rin can read his move and beats him. But by mistaken move, he got hit and electrified. It makes Raven worried until she dashes.

"DON'T. HURT. MY. FATHER!" Raven cried while rushing to Xiao

Until, she kicks Xiao's knee and he screams in pain.

Xiao's left knee bone fractures because of her great mermaid strength. With enhancement of void energy, Raven made him lame and ends their fight. Rin lifts Raven and runs away.

After escape, Rin sells the pearls immediately at private pawnshop. Afterwards, he went home with Raven.

"*Smiles* I'll let you study. If you study, I'll take you there at the carnival again, okay?" Rin said

"I don't wanna live there anymore... Can you teach me like these pieew ppow?!" Raven asked happily

Her dad became nervous.
(⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

"Don't tell me that you'll..." Rin interrupted

Raven tears again after she sensed her father's feelings.

"Dad, I wanna be like you." She said

He takes a deep breath until he decided.

"Alright, just don't cry. By the way, if you cry, just use your scarf to catch your tears okay?" He asked

Henceforth, Rin trained his daughter but in a simple way for a moment. He only teaches her some self defenses except firearms and weapons. Later at night, Raven watches Starian Captain series in the TV.

She got inspired from the protagonist from the story and learned a lot of lessons

"Woah... I wish I'll protect those weak from bad people." She said

Few years passed, Raven was on the elementary school. Her father was on the Ferngill Headquarters to finish his case. During her study, some students mocking her outfit.

"Eww, a girl wearing a boy clothes? Are you a boy, tomboy?" A nerd girl asked

A punk boy mocks, "Maybe his parents have no money. How poor you are!"

Other students laugh while leaving her while Raven tears. She didn't tell it to other teachers and cry all of it in her scarf. Every tear, she gives it as a gift to her dad in home.

"Dad..." Raven calls

When Rin saw the pearls, he holds them inside the handkerchief.

Raven said, "Dad, am I looking boy or poor to you?"

Rin answered, "*Shook his head* ...No... Once you were born, you're my pearl who drags me out from poverty or darkness. And~ These tears you've shed might convert into happiness during those days of despair sorrows. But a word of warning, you shouldn't tear a lot in the public. Only you and I will know about this."

His daughter look at him with a sweet smile.
。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

"Oke, dad." Raven said

There are days, Raven ends into physical harm by her classmates by pushing her. But she only ignores their toxicity and tried to protect weak students from bullies. Unfortunately, she always end as a bully after her enemies are pretending as a victim.

Rin always called by the principal to reprimand. And then, her dad bows and apologizing to the bully's parents. Raven became so frustrated and blaming herself to his father from pride parents that they've encountered.

Somehow, Rin still believes that Raven was trying to be like him as she said before. Back then, when they got home, Raven saw him drinking beers. He shed a tear until she approaches at him.

"Dad, I feel that you're sad. You're doing this because of me? For what I did earlier?" Raven asked

Rin answered while shook his head, "...I just don't get it by remembering your mom... For how you left?"

They have a little paused until he tears in front of her.

"*Sobs* But I'm glad that you left before those Gotoros arrived and burned the rest house. Somehow, I wait another years without you and your mother." Rin said and weeps

Raven tears a lot.

"Dad, I don't wanna see you cry. If I cry all over again, you'll sell these pearls again." Raven weeps

Rin smiles while his tears still flowing down.
(•́   ⁠‿  ,⁠•̀)

"*Chuckles* Alright, I know there will be a day." Rin said