1 | Welcome

•☆ A/N ☆•

Well, here we are. The very first chapter of "Binding Love" Please sit back and enjoy!!

Anthony's POV:

Why in the hell did I decide to have this dinner? I will never understand.

My mother and sister sat right at my sides as the faint sound of music ran through my ears.

We were at this restaurant right at the edge of the beach in Italy.

I would be lying if I said that this meal wasn't excellent. The steak was cooked just the way I had requested, and surprisingly, the waiter was actually tolerable.

I glanced up to find my mother staring down at her plate of food. Her eyes were filled with gloom and sadness, as she picked at the leftover scraps on her plate.

She was probably thinking about my father.

Technically speaking, today would have been his 50th birthday. And for this whole dinner, she has been off the edge.

My sister, on the other hand, just sat their, her hands perched against her chin as we just watched her.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about her. Every year, we have dinner together on his birthday, to celebrate him, I guess?

For better context, I didn't know him. Not even for a second.

He died a few weeks before my mother gave birth to me and my sister.

My mother. Rosaline Brown. Or otherwise known by the last name Withermore.

My father, on the other hand, is Enzo Brown. The most missed Mafia attendee in the history OF the Mafia.

My mother made the descion when we were born to leave the Mafia completely. It was my father's world. Not hers, and she didn't want us to grow up in a world like that.

But whether she approves or not, I am in the Mafia once again. And I am one step closer to being better than my father ever was.

She was so angry when I told her I joined. But she eventually gave up trying to change my mind because no matter what, she did. It wouldn't work.

I am incredibly determined to do better than my father. And this time, not end up dead.

Finally, Ellie, my sister, cleared her throat, causing mom to look up from her plate.

She switched her focus back on us, and I could tell she was holding back tears so bad that her cheeks were a bright red and eyes filled with a clear layer on top of her pupils.

"So. Mom. How are you doing?" Ellie asked as I took a sip of glass of wine in front of me.

She faked a smile and nodded. "Fine. How are you guys? I mean, it's been forever since I have seen you guys in person?"

My mother was beautiful. And I am not ashamed to say that.

My father (whoever he is) picked a damn good wife.

She is incredibly beautiful and is the kindest person I have ever known.

But, she is not good at hiding her emotions. At least not to me.

Her mouth began to open before I cut her off with my hand. "Mother, just stop. We know you are not doing ok, I can tell by the way you were looking at your food."

I glanced over at Ellie as her eyes widened. She looked like she wanted to punch me.

I turned my focus back to mom as her eyes dipped down. "Of course I am not  doing ok, Anthony, it's your father's birthday."