15 | Exhuasting

Beverly's POV:

Rosaline dragged Enzo off to the balcony while me and I sat at the island and poured us a drink.

I couldn't get over how stunning she was.

She was absolutely gorgeous. God, I wish.

"I loved the story of you and my brother at the ice skating rink." She said with a smile.

I took a sip of the red wine, as I did my best not to spit it out thinking about that.

And not only MY story. But Anthony's ridiculous story about me.

"Yeah. It was a pretty eventful day." I replied.

She raised her eyebrow. "Yeah, I could tell."

I let out a small giggle before she took a sigh.

"So. How are you liking him so far?" She asks.

I sighed and widened my eyes. "All I can say is he is one interesting fiance."

And that was true.

I haven't even known this man for more than 2 days, and I feel like I have known him for a lot longer due to our tension and frustration towards one another.

She laughed before taking a sip of her glass. "I'll say. He was a wild one when we were younger."

A small smirk came upon my face as I began to tap the countertop with my nails. "How was he?"

She laughed before responding. "He was always the head-strong one out of the 2 of us. The one that always kept our mother on her toes."

I couldn't help but smile at that, and imagine how he was as a little kid. God, I couldn't even imagine. He was probably a mess.

"But. He is the most caring one between us both. He just doesn't show it often, only really with our mother."

I nodded. "Yeah, he told me what happened to your guys father. I am truly sorry." I said with gentleness.

She quivered her lip. "You don't have to apologize. We didn't know him."

I shook my head. "I know. But he was still your guys dad."

Her eyes stared into mine as I saw a bit of softness fill them. "Yeah, he was. And mom took it pretty hard. It's really hard, actually. She still grieves over him every year on his birthday, and it's been 18, 19 years ago?"

Damn. 19 years ago? I couldn't imagine what that had been like for her.

"But Anthony never missed an opportunity to get told stories about him. Just like the one when we were in her stomach, and how cringy my father used to talk to us all the time." She said as she rolled her eyes.

We both laughed at the same time.

Before I took a deep breath.

"You're pretty amazing." Ellie said with a smile.

I smiled back at her. "You're pretty amazing to Ellie."

Our smiles flooded the kitchen before we heard the doors to the balcony slam open.

Me and Ellie jumped slightly as both of your heads turned.

Their stood Anthony and Rosaline. As she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

I wrapped mine around her in return as I smelled her strong perfume.

God, she even smells good.

"It was lovely to meet you, Ms. Jackson. I am sure we will see each other again."

She let go of our hug as I responded with a smile. "Of course. Come back anytime." Rosaline gave me a small smile before she exited.

Soon, after all of our hugs and goodbyes were exchanged. Me and Anthony sat in the kitchen alone.

No sounds to be made.

Not one of us making any movement.

Before anything could get any more awkward. I cleared my throat.

"I am going to shower. Do you need anything?" I asked.

His back leaned against the countertop as his eyes glared at me and didn't even blink once.

They looked at me with focus and desire.

But I didn't dare let those sexy eyes get to me. Not now. Not ever.

"What the hell was that at dinner?" He said.

I rolled my eyes. "I could ask you the same thing."

His head was titled slightly.

"I do not appreciate you making up so absurd story about me and your love life."

I smirked before crossing my arms. "I thought it would be fun."

He narrowed his eyes before walking over to me.

His freshly polished shoes clicked and clicked on the floor before he stood a few inches from me.

"Don't. Ever. Do that again. Especially not in front of my family."

I rolled my eyes.

But before I could even finish the eye roll.

I felt a hand grasp my chin and tilt it up.

His grip was so tight, and I almost winced in pain. Almost.

"What did I tell you about rolling your eyes." He whispered.

His whispers ran down my body, all the way to the wetness forming between my legs.

"We are going to make another deal, Ms. Jackson. You roll those eyes one more time. And I will have no choice but to punish you."

His grip was so tight that it caused Mt lips to petrude out slightly, making him go mad.

His eyes went straight down to my lips as he bit his bottom lip.

"And what if I want to be punished." I whispered.

His pupils dilated as the last word left my tongue.

Before he all the sudden pulled away and paced the kitchen.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have said that." He said.

I shook my head before I turned around to walk away. "I am so sorry. I don't know why I said that. I will be in my room. "

I didn't even give him a chance to respond before I ran up the stairs and slammed my door shut.

I laid my back against it before sighing.

God. What the hell did I just say to him.