4

Jake jumped off his ikran, wiping his face from the sweat as the drops trickled down. Highlighting his pectoral muscles.

He crossed his arms talking to another man about something I couldn't make out. A smile as they both nods to each other.

I can feel one of my hands trail up to my collar bone before finding their home onto my lip.

I'm so distracted I didn't even realize that there were two hands trapping me toward the wooded balcony.

"Excited to go see explore the Forrest today?" Dorin asks bringing back to reality. He tries to plant a kiss on my face but I just tilt it away. "Something the matter?"

"No? Why do you say that?" I play off trying to pretend like I didn't just avoid his affection.

"You just tried too..."

"No I didn't?" I lie shrugging and he just cocks and eyebrow up at me "I thought there was a bug"

I wiggle out of Dorin's cage and he just lets out a sigh. But before I even let him say anything I excuse myself telling him I have to answer to my mother.

Going to my mom's room she already had an outfit laid out for me.

"This will drive him crazy" My mom laughs with Mo'at. Whom aids in helping me dress today.

Mo'at puts her hand on my hips and just nods in approval. "Good hips for children" she tells my mom who just nods.

"Good figure for her making children too, my sister." My mother giggles while the two woman just clap together at their own joke.

"Jake!" Mo'at snaps for from the hallway as he walks past us, water splashed on his face. "Come join us today. And your Tsahik will not take no"

He looks over at me for a minute "Ok"

I would be lying to myself if I said wasn't a bit excited to know Jake would be there.

"Is this your Ikran?" I ask standing outside scratching my arm nervously. Jake turns to me and just smiles.

"Yeah. He's kind of a pain in the ass to deal with"

"Can I..." I ask and Jake just chuckles

"Your highness wants to pet him like an earth dog?"

I can feel my face become red and try to retract myself but Jake just grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"I'm joking. Relax" He says

Now that Jake is in-front of me I never realize how tall he was. His hands were massive wrapped around my wrist. His thumb runs into my palm. Callous and rough but his touch so gentle.

"Tch tch" Jake clicks for his Ikran. "Play nice Bob or you're gonna need to answer to her mom"

Did he name his Ikran...Bob? The skin was smoother than I expected.

"I'm actually kind of glad you are coming along" I say to Jake who glances down at me.

"Really? So i'm warming up to you now"

I laugh a bit "I think it's the other way"

"Ah I see."

Jake hands me food to feed his Ikran.

"Don't want to have a romantic getaway with your husband to be?" He asks curiously

"He's not my husband" I corrected "he hasn't asked the Tsahik for my hand yet."

"But I mean...seems like things are going that way right?"

"I guess" I let out a soft sigh trying to not to sound any more ungrateful but Jake picks up on it.

"You don't seem to thrilled about that"

"I don't mean to come off as rude"

"You're not? Who told you that?" He says confused by my choice of words

"I mean..I do want to get married" I start turning to face him. "But I thought it would be with two people who loved each other. Not..like this"

"You don't love him?"

"I don't know him" i said and try to back track but didn't know where to go from there. "I mean I just...I'm sorry I don't kn.."

"Stop apologizing" Jake tells me "you're only doing yourself a disservice when you try to appease other people"

"Jake!" Mo'at calls from behind as she starts to hassle him about getting me dirty

"Relax, Relax" Jake snickers to his mother in law but she just lightly slaps his shoulder. "You're embarrassing me infront of bob. Come on mom"

"Ugh you are a headache" Mo'at says poking his head as the rest of them join.

"Wow! You look beautiful" Dorin tells me coming up to try to kiss me but I move a step over for him to run into Jake. "Oh! Sorry my friend"

As we spend the day all together, I can't help but look at how beautiful the high forest was.

"Not what you expected" Jake asks standing next me as we walk through the forest with Dorin right on my other side.

He was so bold as to try to make conversation with his Olo'eyktan right next to him.

"Nah. It's not that great looks super overgrown" Dorin replies but Jake just ignores him looking right at me.

His eyes watch while I look at the lush colors wanting to touch all the plants and animals. I can feel Dorin yank my arm closer to him and Jake's attention moves to him.

"What's the matter Dorin? Worried your mate might run off?" Jake challenges

"Hardly." Dorin retorts back as both their eyes meet.

Ego written on Jake's face.

Dorin stops as if to fight Jake right then and there.

"Careful" Jake responds looking down to him. "Your insecurities are showing"

As he continues his walk. Mo'at just lets out a sigh at the rate he will give all of us a heart attack.