22

"Mo'at hugs Jake from behind. "You were blessed with a strong heart. One that carries more than others."

Her arms go around his neck and her head rests on top of his. Jake touches her forearm while he sits on the bench looking out at Omatikaya.

"Do not let this change you"

————————

"Yeah apparently Hallelujah Point is banned now" Riki tells me as we sit outside looking up at the floating mountains that slowly pass along side the clouds. "because there is no protection up there so it's easier for enemy aircraft to strike. But that's all I know."

"So how far back can you remember?" Riki asks as she braids her hair.

"I'm not entirely sure. They all seem to just bleed together" There are moments in my memories where I do remember...

"Promise me that you are actually happy with me...and if you aren't, you'd tell me"

I remember hooking my finger up to Jake's

"Pinky promise"

That's the only solid thing I recall. But it's not fluid.

"Well maybe it's for the best. I think you were going through your rebellious time." She shrugs

"What do you mean?" I ask turning to her

"I mean...don't tell your mom I told you, you know how she is...." Riki says putting her hand up as if to whisper to me "You kind of dropped everything, you weren't acting like yourself anymore."

"Like how?"

"It just wasn't you. Did you know Tura fought Jake? Just because we were trying to warn you about him?"

"Why would Tura fight Jake?" I asked confused "They don't even know each other"

"Oh gosh see. I keep forgetting you don't remember. I don't even know how to explain what you two were. I just know you were engaged to Dorin and then Jake tore you guys apart." Riki sighs cupping her cheeks "it was actually so sad. I was so worried because Jake had a bad temper he was always trying to start drama."

My mind wanders hoping to pull from whatever is in my archives but they are just like blips of visions. I remember moments where our hands are tangled together or laying in bed together but I also don't know if those are figment dreams or actual memories.

"I think i want to go to Hallelujah Point" I tell her turning to Riki

"What?! Are you insane? Olo'eyktan will have you beheaded for disobeying orders and what if sky people see you?! I heard they are everywhere now"

She has a point....so I did the next best thing.

——————

"Does your mom even know you are here right now..." Jake says as he finishes reloading his gun. We stood on the edge of heavens gate where right past the plains would be hell's gate. The human colony.

"Are you going to tell her"

Jake just rolls his eyes and walks past me to grab another gun and a magazine "Go home Levy."

"If you don't take me, I'm going by myself"

"Can't go, if I lock you up"

"I mean you can't lock me up forever, I'll still try again"

"You definitely don't remember my patience with forever then"

"Then tell me"