45

"Hard headed as always" Jake groans sliding down onto a stack of papers and archives. "Whatever I'll just deal with her later"

Tru'it glances over at Jake. He could just let him be. Ruin his own relationship and just swoop in. It wasn't like he needed to try wedge in between them they were already doing that on their own.

"Fix it now" Tru'it says and Jake looks up at him.

"What?" He asks confused

"If you don't fix it now, she will never trust you later" Tru'it tells him. "I should know, it happened to me"

Jake pauses for a moment analyzing the situation.

"Wanna know why Levy won't go back to me even though you and I both know she still loves me?" Tru'it adds on. His voice falling in defeat knowing he will have to let go.

Jake doesn't respond. Because a part of him didn't want to acknowledge it.

"I was the first to find out about her dad passing." Tru'it explains "but I...didn't tell her immediately...I was thinking to wait until after the wedding to tell her"

Tru'it chuckles to himself leaning on one of the book cases.

"She was so confused why he didn't show up. Then her amazing mother told her about the passing....and if you know Yurka, you know...she loves nothing more than to control Levy so she made sure to tell her that I knew and didn't tell her."

"Then what"

"Levy went cold. Completely disconnected from me. Even when we stood ready to solidify our bond. I could look into her eyes and know...I had lost her"

Tru'it looks back over at Jake.

"Like how you're about to lose her"

Jake chuckles to himself. "You and I both know this is not some little secret, for her feelings."

Jake pauses for a moment, just boring his eyes into the floor.

"I'm not a good person. I'm not the hero she thinks I am" He admits "she'll hate me when she finds out what I did."

"Levy values trust"

"How do I know you aren't just saying bullshit to me"

"Then wreck your relationship I don't care." Tru'it shrugs "It's just a suggestion"

"Why help me then Tru" Jake says "Clearly you've been after my spot for months now."

"Because she chose you." Tru'it replies through his own annoyed tone. Like saying those words would burn his throat like acid. "It doesn't matter if she still has feelings for me, she still chose you."

Jake doesn't say anything because at this moment, there is no reason to poke or taunt Tru'it.

"I want her happy and if it's you. Then so be it."

Jake's earpiece rings.

"I miss you" Levy speaks and his heart begins to beat irregularly. His guilt began to eat away at him.

"I'm telling you. Fix it now." Tru'it advices as he begins to stride out. "Or lose her forever"

————————

"I'm on my way"

The door slide open and it was Jake. I don't even know why he said he was on his way if he was just...here now.

We both stood frozen for a moment, not knowing how to maneuver around each other.

"Levy" he calls and immediately I run to him. His arms instinctively wrap around my waist. "I'm sorry"