24

"Where were you?" My mom asks me that night for dinner. I sat across from her looking down at the bamboo leaf that had food on it.

"I was with Riki." I half lie trying to not make eye contact.

"Really? And what did you two go?" She ask her eyes glazed with suspicion

"We went for a walk through the forest and ran into her brother." I say trying to add as many details as possible.

"Oh? So Tura?"

"Yeaaaah" i respond, scratching at the side of the table "he just got back from training so.."

"Did you get to see Jake?" Seze asks me "He so hot"

"Seze." My mom snaps at turning to look at her. Thank god because I couldn't take anymore of her glare.

"Yeah but I think he was leaving" I say knowing lying is not really my best asset, especially to my mother. She can probably smell Jake's scent.

"I see" she responds, seeing that it logically makes sense. "Well this war is all nonsense. I'll be glad when it's over"

"Yeah but seeing Jake come back all sweaty from fighting...and"

"Seze enough" my mom tells her "I'm quite tired of hearing about that reckless leader. The best thing he could do for Pandora is just leave."

"Why do you say that?" I ask her turning to look at her and I can tell this small amount disobedience has ruffled her feathers

"He is the sole reason you lost your memories. All because those sky people missed. They were aiming for him and shot you." She goes off throwing her arms up "Honestly I don't even know why he dragged you up to hallelujah point anyways"

——————

"I want around the clock surveillance. Keep the lines open." Jake says to three men. "Do not engage without my consent, covert operations only. I need those blue prints to the brigade and gentlemen please, please do not make me have to go see your families with bad news."

The men laugh a bit "Alright go. Report back in 36 hours"

Jake looks over to me as his soldiers go their separate ways. His hair is put up in a messy bun a few strands falling.

I rubbed my eyes and a yawn escapes.

"Tired?" He asks walking over to me "Poor Levy"

"Well you didn't have to wake up to fly over here. You got to sleep in and just wake up"

"I haven't slept yet" he corrects walking past me "Hurry up practice is this way."

"You're not tired?" I ask following him underground.

"I'm exhausted." He says "take a left"

"How come you just don't sleep?"

"Had a morning date with you. Couldn't miss that" he responds turning back to glance back at me

"Well it didn't have to be in the morning...you're the one who said morning"

"You use to never complain about getting up this early. Most of the time you're up before me"

"Does that mean we use to live together?"

"Pass"

"Stonewalling is an unhealthy form of coping" I say catching up to face him.

"Thanks."

"Really. I'm concerned for you" I send back playfully

"The woman who has lost almost 2 years worth of her memories is concerned for me. Thank you. I've always dreamed of this day to come" he responds sarcastically "in here."