37

Tru'it walks into Yurka's study. Scanning all of her medical scrolls.

"Are you just going to stand there?" Tru calls not needing to turn around. Her scent was already a giveaway.

She giggles.

"Can a girl not just steal a look?" Seze says gliding over and sitting on the table in front of Tru'it. She crosses her legs and flips her hair. "You look delicious as always."

A compliment but not from the one he wanted.

"Don't you have other people to torment?"

"I should say the same for you. So what is my cousin's ex fiancé doing back in Omatikaya? Did she summon you?"

Tru'it studied her question. He had a very keen knack for knowing how to read people and use it to pull information out.

"I'm surprised Yurka didn't tell you. Aren't you like her sidekick or something" he said in a nonchalant tone in hopes to throw her off by playing dumb

This statement shoots daggers into Seze as her flirty eyes go completely steel, he knew she was snared now.

"Tell me what?" She asks her tone changed to a more annoyed one. His dark auburn eyes look over at her and he crosses his arms.

"I did think it was weird how it was just me and Jake at dinner that night." He eggs her on, tapping his cheek where his dimple resided.

"Jake? What? What do you mean? Jake? When did you have dinner with Jake? Why would you two even...?" She growls knowing the answer but needing exact confirmation. Tru'it licks his front fang, knowing he has his teeth sunken into Seze.

"What's the matter Seze? You're not usually this upset."

Tru'it was not a regular type of person. Hell, he wasn't even a good decent person. He was the type their father called to get things handled. Rarely did it call for anything lethal but he has grown especially accustomed to watching people's tongues. It was his literal job. To find dirty secrets. And use it against them.

Seze knew by Tru'it's tone that he was not implying a regular question. She had to be on her toes with Tru'it. Because unlike Jake, he has spent too many years dealing with her; knowing a way around her manipulative tricks.

"What do you think links us?" He asks. "Why would I come here and sit like an obedient pet next to Jake?"

Seze was a lot of things but she was not stupid. She may play stupid but her ability to manipulate and twist situations calls for a far more strategic person.

She pushes past Tru'it angrily how could she let things slip out of her control? When she had the upper hand? He just chuckles at her misery.

"Levy" Her teeth clenched as she balls her fist wanting scream at the top of her lungs but like a switch came back. She calms down and turns to Tru'it, a smile on her face.

"What?" He says glancing up at her "You're already done with your little tantrum?" Tru'it says crossing his arms.

"Please." Seze spats dragging her tone out "I bet it sucks knowing you came home and she is sleeping with another man."

"Must suck knowing it's your man." He implied not really know how far their relationship went but knew, by how she acted, Jake was more than just an Olo'eyktan to her.

"URGH! STOP! YOU ARE DISGUSTING" Seze shouts throwing an empty glass at his head, Tru'it dodges the attack still snickering.

"What's that thing you used to call me? The king of talking shit?"