5

The next few days pass as Jake and I share looks from the distance. After the Forrest incident Dorin has requested for Jake to not be around him.

And Mo'at grants the request but I kind of wish she didn't.

I miss our talks.

We walk through the tribe and pass by Jake who is talking to some of the others and our eyes meet. Some days our gaze can be seconds and others a bit longer.

I could always see him from a crowd.

On a certain day Jake and I pass by each other and his cold fingers brush against mine.

"Sorry" he speaks to me and I feel like I haven't heard his voice in so long. "My fault"

I open my mouth to say something but my mother grabs my wrist to drag me back to Dorin.

Most of these days lately have been without Jake and I can't help but feel empty without his company.

I curled my legs into my self as I sat on the edge of tree. Looking out at the night sky, it looks so pretty.

I held a small cup with soup in it swirling it around every now and then.

And then something came over me.

I let out a sigh gathering whatever strength I had and started walking to the the other side of the home tree.

Jake's side.

"Hi" I said smiling up at him.

"Hi" he responds back. A towel thrown over his broad shoulders. Dark golden eyes piercing in the darkness.

There is silence that fills between us.

He started to speak but I just cut him off "I miss you"

I tried to spit it out as quickly as I can so I couldn't regret it later.

And immediately regretted because I kept mixing up my feelings "I mean I miss..us" I corrected "...no...like I miss talking to you"

why does Jake always make me so nervous...

He just chuckles. "Oh you do? Well I miss you. I mean us. No I miss talking to you too" Jake teases

Letting out a sigh "it really sounded better in my head" I say in defense "I brought you soup. Mo'at says it's your favorite" I say holding up a peace offering.

"You brought me soup? In the middle of the night?" Jake takes a sip.

"Well I didn't know if you would be hungry"

"I mean...I'm hungry for other things..." he mumbles letting out a frustrated sigh

"What?"

"Nothing, forget it." Jake says. He tilts his head as if to signal me to follow him into his bedroom. It was simple but the balcony was massive. You could see all of Omatikaya just from his room.

"Wanna know something? Mo'at lied to you. I hate this soup" he says standing behind me as I look out at the balcony "she always tries to get me to like this herbal shit"

"My mom use to make it for me all the time. She told me it helps attract the men" I reply sarcastically

"I don't know she might be right about that one" Jake replies putting the cup down. "I mean you earn yourself an Olo'eyktan."

He props both his arms up on the balcony branches facing inwards as I look outwards to the moon.

"How's your husband? I guess I hurt his feelings the other day"

"He's not a fan."

"I can tell" Jake laughs "Dorin's gonna need to take a number. It's a long line."

"It doesn't bother you?"

"Should it?"

I looked over at Jake and I didn't realize how close we physically were. His golden eyes deepening while his skin glistened in the moonlight.

"Maybe if anything, that he separated us. Kind of childish" Jake adds on locking his eyes with mine.

"Why?" I ask not even feeling my body unknowingly moving closer to his.

"You're asking me why I don't like not having your attention?" He chuckles tilting his head. He turns his body and a hand runs through my hair. Jake half smiles looking down at my lips "it's not obvious?"

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest. As his large hand slide down my neck.

Inches from each other.

I think I stopped breathing when I heard him say "Because I'm greedy"

Our lips press gently off each other as I fully turn to commit. Wrapping my arms around Jake's neck. One his slides behind my waist pulling me closer to him.

He breaks the kiss for a few moment trailing small peaks down my cheek to my neck and finding sanctuary right before my ear and under my jaw.

I let out a soft moan and I feel his body tighten.

Jake moves his tongue around swirling and grooming that small area of skin before clamping his mouth entirely down. His teeth dig into me and I could have faint just from this alone.

"Jake" I sigh tilting my head and closing my eyes.

I was at his mercy.

He pulls his mouth off of my neck after making sure to mark his territory just to come up to meet my eyes.

They burned of desire.

Without hesitation I put both my hands on his face pulling him into a a kiss and as a response he lifts me up both his strong arms hooked around my thighs.