Our Good Girl (act 1) 🍋

"You have something in your hair." Tru'it says reaching over to pull a fallen leaf that got tangled. His knuckles brush over my cheek as his eyes fall on mine.

I fear the more he continues.....

There is nothing but silence between us as he just takes in what's it like to be looking at me.

"There. You're perfect now."

The more he....

"Tru..." I muttered as he immediately shovels all those feelings away.

Realizing he let them slip out.

"No" Tru'it quickly rejects, knowing exactly what i was referring to. "I'm not having this conversation anymore."

"You can't honestly believe..."

"Levy. I said no."

He refuses to find another. Anyone else.

"This isn't healthy." I repeated as we walked over to meet up with Jake.

"There's a lot of things that are unhealthy"

"Yes, like if you aren't having a balanced diet or if you overwork your muscles but not this,"

"Didn't I just say, we weren't having this conversation anymore..." he replied refusing to turn to look at me.

Knowing I can tell just by his eyes,

Those onyx eyes,

"This isn't fair to you."

That he's too far gone,

"I'm well aware of how this all works." He replied, stopping at the boundary he wasn't allowed to cross. "Go, you're gonna be late"

"Tru'it....atleast consider..."

"No"

"But..."

"I already said no. I'm not looking for another. I don't want anyone else." Tru'it replied a bit more annoyed that I kept hounding him. "Go. Your husband is waiting for you."

He crosses his arms,

As I stood there fiddling with my fingers,

He attempts to stay strong,

But my look of concerned refuses to vanish so Tru'it is forced to soften as he leans down to kiss my cheek.

He's going to drown and the last thing I want is him...like this.

"I like the shadows Levy, I don't care if I can't stand there with you." He reassured me, before patting me closer to the entrance. "Go. Have fun."

I turn to stare at the massive event held for only nobles,

"Xarink will be the Tsahik of...."

"God..." he groaned

"Well it would atleast give you a title,"

"I don't want a title" he snips at me quickly. I can tell he's hit his peak with me now.

"Baby...." Jake calls from behind me, having to be the mediator between the two of us. Sad how before it use to be me forcing them to get along and now it's Jake trying to convince me to stop yelling at Tru.

I turned slightly to look his way.

He kept most of his hair tied in smaller braids that are then pulled upwards to make one massive one. There's always a few here and there that fall and frame his strong face. Lately at these events, Jake usually braids his tsaheylu within his own hair just to keep anyone from trying to cut his life cord.