9 🍋

The next few weeks Jake and I go without speaking to each other.

Not even sharing looks. We pass by each other every now and then

but avoid any contact.

It feels strange to spend so much of your time with someone for them to ultimately be nothing in a blink of an eye.

He's out almost all the time now which makes it easier for my mother to still try to convince me that Dorin is a better fit for me.

"How could he be good for the people if he isn't even here enough to deal with them" my mother eggs on about Jake.

"Mom. I don't want to think about this right now" I told her as she follows me around annoying me probably since Dorin has all but checked out.

"You must! The crowning ceremony is only a month away now. Just tell me that it will be Dorin"

"Why do you insist for it to be Dorin so bad?" I asked confused "it's like you have some deal with him..." I trailed off to look at my mom "do you?"

She doesn't speak just laughs it off but I realize all this time my mom was just taking advantage of me.

"I was trying to make sure you had a good life." She says but never admits to anything

"What do you get; if he gets his wish"

"Money means nothing...."

"So it's money that he is offering you?" I cut her off

"Levi'tra! Wait!" She cries out as I started to walk off "it was for your happiness"

And her excuse was so ironic. Since I was child everything she did was the opposite of what I wanted. I walked off into the forest as the rain started to trickle down.

But I couldn't go back to the house. My mom would just be interrogating me and I wanted to just be alone in my thoughts.

But I never get that wish when I smash face first into another person knocking me to the ground.

It was Jake who seem to just gotten back from the forest.

"You need to watch where you're walking" he tells me dragging me to my feet.

I don't even know if he was being condescending but I took his tone that way.

"I was watching" I retorted back

"Ok so you purposefully slammed into me? Brilliant" he say as I pull my arm back

"I don't need your sarcasm."

"I don't need your attitude. So I guess we both don't get what we want do we?" He replies glaring at me as the storm began to thunder.

"You what I don't really need? You." I say back pushing past him

"Is this really coming from the woman who came to visit me in the middle of the night saying she missed me?"

It thunders again

"Is this really the same man who told me he only wanted my undivided attention?" I respond back as he tries to use our small moment and pass it off as a true emotion.

"Actually! Yeah it is!" He shouts walking towards me.

The rain starts to come down, painting the usually colorful garden into a lush glowing landscape.

"Because unlike you I'm not fucking afraid to be myself! I own up to my shit." He says now standing so close to face.

And as I try to hit him he grabs my arm.
His golden eyes bore into mine and before both of us could even process anything our lips come crashing together.